Christmas lights blues.

blake711

Newly Enlightened
Well I had a great christmas and did well in the toys and guns department but my light goodies simply were depressing. I got a New P1D-CE for Christmas used it about 3 minutes and put it back in box and sold it. This imaginary halo ring being debated was very obvious to me anywhere I tryed it, Outside in the dark or hunting dangerous white walls. My Orignal Jetbeam 123 just has me spoiled for an EDC I guess.

Next up I got a 3watt mag led upgrade for a 3D mag that I never use. I installed the so called upgrade. I put it up against my Dorcy 1 Watt 3d The Mag got OWNED. It was sad the dorcey is a beatiful light for the 10 bucks I paid for it and it gave the mag a beat down. This mag light hasn't done a thing but sit around and collect dust since I bought my first real flashlight. Anyway I guess I can always mod it at some point.

Anyway did you have any flashlight blues this Christmas? Or where you singing praises for your new torch?

GaAppraiser

Newly Enlightened
I got an L4 and I must say I am very happy with it. It's my first SF and looks to be worth the $$$. I'm now off to get a two stage tail for it.

blake711

Newly Enlightened
GAappraiser what tail cap are you talking about? Are you getting a tail cap from an L2? or does someone make an after market tailcap?

Blake

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I didn't get any lights for Christmas. :( But you can bet that some of the money I got will turn into lights. I've already picked up an L1T and L2T with some of the Christmas dough.

vizlor

Newly Enlightened
I didn't wish for anything this christmas. I always end up feeling bad when I get something from someone who isn't really into the trade, suspecting that he/she paid too much for it while I could get it cheaper myself.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well guess what I got a shaky light :mad::rant::mad: you know that thing that you shake to use...

...well I actually love it its so damn convineient I have no guilt about using it never have to worry about batteries and after having a blackout last night my mom doesn't even even want to be on the grid you know.

Just last night my uncle bought me a U2 even though I am paying 200 out of 300 (20 extra batteries got 40 coming) got my U2.

Last edited:

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a single AA cell 3-LED regulated light... long runtime and useful light output so not a bad addition to the collection (and it looks nice too). Really want a P1D-CE :(

Arkayne

Enlightened
I'm not exactly sad about a light I got but instead of a light could have had. I had an unfortunate incident that took away my SF Kroma fund. I've been training for a mountain bike downhill race next month and when I was cleaning my frame on the 25th, I found 2 hairline fractures on the frame. There goes $1700 for a new frame! :(

Sable

Enlightened
I got no lights! But that's okay, because I don't think I really need any more.

I did, however, get a 15-piece Wustof kitchen knife set. Ooooooohh....

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ehh a cooker now thats my style an electronics/chef bums about the bike mine got jacked although even with my lights is only about a third of yours except knew ones are muy $$$ mine was 5 years old.

Arkayne

Enlightened
AndyTiedye said:
Don't those frames have a warantee?

I took it to my local bike shop and they wanted the receipt to claim a warranty. It's a 2003 frame so I don't have it anymore :( I still have some other shops to check out.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Wish I had friends who are flashaholics. I bought all of my Christmas lights for myself.