woo-hoo finally got me a surefire L1

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
well guys last night i finally bit the bullet and got me a surefire L1 one of the main reasons i got it is cuz of the exeptonal price led zepplin gave me. now the wait for it to get here. so anyone want to trade a round body for a square body:naughty:

oh man i can not wiat till i get my grubby little paws on it, i am so excited

thanks for reading and sareing my excitment with me.

Last edited:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah its a fantastic light. Now do you have a round body and want a square body? I have a square body.

Its my favorite light, and thats' including the U2 I had. I find it the most all around useful.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are lousy lights... save yourself the frustation and disappointment and forward the light immediately to me.

Do not open it. Do not try it out. Do not think about the fact that it runs forever on low. Do not think about the well designed TIR lens. Do not...

I am just looking out for you.

Seriously, congratulations. Led Zepplin is first rate and I am glad you got in touch with him.

-Goatee

greenLED

Flashaholic
Yup, one of my favorite SF lights as well. Rscanady gave me a diffuser for it (Thanks!!) and it makes the L1 10x more useful (imagine that!).

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good move. Definitely one of my most useful lights. So much so, I had to get both new and old versions. Both have their uses and I won't part with either.

And they can be upgraded by Milkyspit to pocket rocket status.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
:)> said:
They are lousy lights... save yourself the frustation and disappointment and forward the light immediately to me.

Do not open it. Do not try it out. Do not think about the fact that it runs forever on low. Do not think about the well designed TIR lens. Do not...

I am just looking out for you.

Seriously, congratulations. Led Zepplin is first rate and I am glad you got in touch with him.

-Goatee
i thought you were seriuse there for a minute, till i read you wanted me to forward it to you.:lolsign::laughing::lolsign:

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
KDOG3 said:
Yeah its a fantastic light. Now do you have a round body and want a square body? I have a square body.

Its my favorite light, and thats' including the U2 I had. I find it the most all around useful.
yes it will be a round body, but i want and like the square one. want to trade?:naughty::naughty: the body i am told is in exelent condition.

i will let you all know what i think of it when it gets here.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats benchmade_boy! It is a wonderful light, one of my all-time faves. May I suggest picking up an F04 for it... it turns that 100% throw beam into a soft, diffuse light that is ideal for night walks and hikes. Two stages, runs forever... congrats again.

If no one else is interested, I'll gladly trade you my perfect 4-sided body for your newer style. Just PM and email me if the other offer falls through.

Also, start saving up money as an upgrade to a U-bin or Cree P3 or P4 is your next step in evolution. ;)

Mad1

Enlightened
And to make it even more versitile you have to get an F04 beamshaper.

The L1 is my EDC and I just love it.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chronos said:
Congrats benchmade_boy! It is a wonderful light, one of my all-time faves. May I suggest picking up an F04 for it... it turns that 100% throw beam into a soft, diffuse light that is ideal for night walks and hikes. Two stages, runs forever... congrats again.

If no one else is interested, I'll gladly trade you my perfect 4-sided body for your newer style. Just PM and email me if the other offer falls through.

Also, start saving up money as an upgrade to a U-bin or Cree P3 or P4 is your next step in evolution. ;)
ok sounds good, if kdog3 doesnt go through then i will pm you. and if i find a f04 i will snag it.

thank you all for the great suggestions!

David Miller

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm definetly interested in trading, I just want to see a pic of the body you get first. Deal? Mine is kinda OD greenish, but in perfect condition.

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

The Surefire L1 is the first "quality" LED light I ever purchased. It was my EDC light for several years, and had everything I wanted in a light other than a few minor complaints (battery type and lack of red-light option).

I was unaware that the L1 has a new TIR version until I read this thread - for those who have both or have used both, what is the main difference in brightness and beam shape?

Best wishes,
Bawko

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
KDOG3 said:
I'm definetly interested in trading, I just want to see a pic of the body you get first. Deal? Mine is kinda OD greenish, but in perfect condition.
ok sounds good but i dont have a camera but when it gets here i will try and explain the colow the best i can. and i will shoot you a pm when i get it, does your have very many scratches?