Mr Hero! I love it!

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, every now and then, being the EDC-junky flashaholic freak of the family is really terrific.
We are in Aruba at the moment, and the power went out. Stayed out for an hour or so. the entire area was really REALLY dark. Lights were out for 2 seconds, and I had the P1 out. That got me to the bedroom, and then was handed to the wife as I got out the L4.
I was referred to as "Mr. Hero" until the lights came back on. Man, I love being that guy, sometimes.
We found some candles for inside, I had the only lighter or flamesource in the place.
Then we took the lights outside, found a grll on the grounds (stove was electric, so dinner was still raw), and we had us some griled grouper. Night salvaged.

tron3

Banned
If you finished cooking with the heat of your flashlight, THAT would have really impressed me. :laughing:

Most people never think to take a light when they go away. I recall taking my AF basic training cone light with me when I went to do my duty days at the base. Not much of a light, but it came in handy the one or two times the power went out.