Cheap Cree LED Flashlight

Hellbore

Enlightened
There was some $60 jobber for sale on here but I can't find the thread now. It looked cool I wish I knew more about it.

Illum

Flashaholic
CREE is pretty new technology at the moment, I remember when I first looked at a luxeon I light's price tag a year or so ago.... :wow: technology is really advancing...:ohgeez:

I'd wait like half a year before asking that question...you'll get more replies that way:grin2:

my 2 cents...cheers:huh:

Hellbore

Enlightened
Oh wait I forgot... Here we go..

Elly flashlight: $7
Cree XR-E star: ~ $15
Doing your first flashlight mod: Priceless.

It's actually fairly easy to drop a Cree star into an Elly flashlight. More info here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/141874

If you are new to flashlight modding I would suggest this as a good starter project! Here is the host:

321664726_c20d96b3f2.jpg

Thanks to mcmc for the pic!

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck with finding the ELLE flashlight. It looks like FifthUnit has shut their doors for a while, if not for good. It would be a shame if FifthUnit disappeared, because I wanted some more of the lights myself, for the same purpose.

datiLED

infection0

Newly Enlightened
Hellbore said:
Oh wait I forgot... Here we go..

Elly flashlight: $7
Cree XR-E star: ~ $15
Doing your first flashlight mod: Priceless.

Yeah, can't wait for those XR-E stars from the group buys to come in... now all I gotta do is... find a soldering iron in my university!! Too bad the Elly is a tad bit large to EDC. When Lumapower updates the LM30x series with Cree, I will die with excitement!! I only wish I was a skilled enough modder to get that LM301 CE... :) Congrats to that dude in that one thread I drooled over...

rightt.. here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/146169

Last edited:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I'm wating for a twisty head 1AA Cree light about the size and shape of a CMG Infinity Ultra before I be begging for anymore online flashlight money!!!

I MIGHT go for a P1 sized Cree before that...

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
I'm wating for a twisty head 1AA Cree light about the size and shape of a CMG Infinity Ultra before I be begging for anymore online flashlight money!!!

I MIGHT go for a P1 sized Cree before that...

Me too!

So far, the closest I have is the little Civictor.

photorob

Enlightened
Just go out and buy a mag led and with a little cutting with a razor blade you'll have yourself a pretty reliable flashlight. Or you could go with one of these. Out of all of my lights these are definitely the easiest to mod.

http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2348
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2466

HERE IS HOW TO.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/141493

But a word of advice i'd wait another month until the soel Led's come out. They are going to be a much easier mod. The cree's have there own use but they are not made for most lights on the market currently.

Last edited:

Hellbore

Enlightened
photorob said:
Just go out and buy a mag led and with a little cutting with a razor blade you'll have yourself a pretty reliable flashlight.

What does that mean?

What are you suggesting to do to the Mag LED?

photorob

Enlightened
1) Buy a mag led
2) Buy a cre emitter
3) Take soldering iron and a pair of needle nose pliers and remove the emitter from the mag led
4)take a razor blade or a dremel and shape a spot for the cree to sit in
5)buy some thermal epoxy or thermal grease and epoxy the cree into place
6)solder it all up
7)Done

x2x3x2

Banned
I got a few extras of the Jetbeam C-LE from my groub buy, it's $30 shipped world wide, about $7 less than retail as per emilion's.

Total GB came to about 93, just ordered a round number of 100 instead. PM if u want one :)

4jp7.jpg

20 lumens: 30 hours
40 lumens: 7 hours
80 lumens: 2 hours
10Hz blink
SOS mode

P4 bin XR-E
HA-III Natural finish
1.0-1.5V input voltage
Textured Aluminium Reflector
Sapphire Crystal Lens with AR coating.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Highly recommend the light that x2x3x2 just offered. Great price, Cree emitter, Ha III, sapphire lens, AA size, Jetbeam quality....get it while you can! :rock:

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beakman: Yes he is as far as I know, but you have to PM Nitroz about it.

AndyTiedye: Just how cheap are you talking about? Yes you could do what some have mentioned here, be a do-it-yourself'er and it will probably cost you around $20 to $25 when it's all said and done. Or your could PM Nitroz and buy one from him for $31. Otherwise you're probably looking at upwards of $70 for the next price level.