Will CPF have 3000 Members by 2003?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
At first I was taking a grain of salt anytime I read a post from a CPFer whose member # was > 2000.

Then I was quickly surprised with the knowledge level of members with member #s above 2000. Apparently CPF just attracts smart, cool people.

I'm most interested in LED mods but I've learned a great deal from the Incan, LED, Spot and Bat forums. I was pleased to see how many people bought the same mods I recently purchased that had a member # over 2000.

So, maybe member # should not important but I do watch it. Yes, I know about special cases like member # 1. Maybe it is just my perception but it seems like membership is growing at an accelerated rate.

I'm just wondering if CPF will be at 3000 members by 2003. What do you think?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. The average increase per month since you came here in june is 176 per month. I came here in mid august. Since then there are 698 new members for an average of 193 per month. We are now at 2825.
shocked.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
i will create a new account and become a new member after the 2999 member, how bout that? sounds good to me. Is there any gift to be the ### member? haha, just kidding though

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Icebreak:
At first I was taking a grain of salt anytime I read a post from a CPFer whose member # was > 2000.

Then I was quickly surprised with the knowledge level of members with member #s above 2000. Apparently CPF just attracts smart, cool people.

So, maybe member # should not important but I do watch it. Yes, I know about special cases like member # 1. Maybe it is just my perception but it seems like membership is growing at an accelerated rate.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmm...So you're saying that you think that people who have recently joined CPF are not worth listening to?

Good to know.

Mark

hoss

Newly Enlightened
Almost 3000 addicts?

At work we have a coin collector, knife collector, a couple of gun collectors, one guy's even a teddy bear collector for gosh sakes.

During lunch I mentioned I was a flashlight collector. The room fell silent, there were some stifled chuckles and the conversation quickly changed as if to say we don't want to go there.

Lately I've even had thoughts that I won't give up my lights 'til they're pried from my cold dead hands.

Hey guys we could be a support group here except everybody keeps encouraging everybody to mod or buy a flashlight.

Maybe we could have one day a year where we don't discuss flashlights - sorta like national smokeout day, discuss topics like hemorrhoids, hangnails, Hillary's plan for America, ya know...interesting things.
Anything but flashlights.

Sorry its been a long day - time for a brewski. Does anything I just said make sense??
icon15.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I get it. LOL.

I had invisioned a support group like the Hormel Chile commercial. "Honey, I want more flashlights. I need more flashlights. Bright ones with accessories too!"

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I first came here little more than a year ago as number 767. Not only has our growth been phenomenal, but the "quality" of membership (sorry to sound snobby) has been more than maintained.

A unique bunch indeed.

Brightnorm

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did my part!

I bet there are a lot of other trawlers out there too. For me, it was sort of a self-admission of bright-light-addiction. OK. So now I have a forum where I can point to and say to my wife "See, here's someone who has WAY more toys than I do! I only own 1 Surefire flashlight [so far]. (Maybe if Santa got me a NightHunterII for Christmas I wouldn't need so crazy many smaller lights. Except maybe an E2e. And a...)" ;-)

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
(Joined the forum, I mean. Obviously I'll probably just be one of the unguided ramblers but I'm a member damnit!) ;-)

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF binky.

If you need help honing your skills with off-topic comments and unguided ramblings just watch darell. Albany Tom is pretty good at it but darell has turned it into an art form. I've learned allot from him. See? I'm off topic in a thread I started.

Have fun binky.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whistler-

Good question. I'm not sure how to figure that one out. Hey! You and I must have joined on the same day.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are now at 2933. That's 53 in six days. 67 to go. 24 days to do it.

Anybody else seeing 3000 by 2003?

How about 5000 in the next year?