Lost Loves

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come on, we all have one. We met in the summer of '92. It was love at first sight. Those four years we were together were the best of times. Over ten years later I can't stop thinking about her. Where is she? Why did she leave so suddenly? Is someone else caressing her? Does she miss me? Sure, I have had plenty since her, but none could ever take her place. Were did you go my little Surefire 6R?
smile.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was Ten years ago I was doing an install at a church. I had my Mag Charger with me that morning working in the ceiling together pulling cables. Then I went to lunch with out her, I'm not sure if she just left me or she was abducted but I have not seen her sense.
frown.gif
sure I got a new one but its not the same. Well I at least have to chargers now.
frown.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
my first...i was on a trip with her...she left me...oh, i miss my first led flashlight, the lightwave 2000.

i've got more now, so i'm over it, but i would still love to have her back...

Saaby

Flashaholic
T'was a good 3 days of camping. Like a Scout camp, only better. Enne lit up the night while we walked, talked, and messed around. But now where is Enne, the Folding Flouressent lantern, to be found?

A year or more has passed since then, I was discontent until the time when...I found the smaller sibling LED (Say lead to make the rhyme work) yup, this is my new true friend.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
I met her around the holidays a couple of years ago, and she left me almost a year later...green 3P where are you?

guncollector

Enlightened
My first "real" flashlight, circa 1984?, was a Maglite 3D. Oh, the joy of owning this massive, solid, aluminum-clad beast with a beam to match (little did I know what the future had in store!!).

The 3D always rode "shotgun" in my car (a VW Jetta).

Anyway, went aways for the summer, came back, and my car had been broken into. Needless to say, they absconded with my 3D too...
frown.gif

MicroE

Enlightened
I miss her everytime I walk by or think of Eddie Bauer. She was tall and black and strong. Or, at least in those days I thought of her as strong. She was flexible and always brightened my days. She went with me everywhere. I have no idea where she is today. One day she was just.......gone. Without a trace.

She was a Brinkmann Legend 2AA with yellow grips.---Marc

brightnorm

Flashaholic
You realize of course that if anyone outside CPF read these we'd all be committed?

yellowlaugh.gif

Brightnorm

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Hmmm...I still have my first flashlight. Still works. A 2D cell "deluxe" black and yellow model from Radio Shack, cost $1.37, which was "way too much for a flashlight I was just going to loose anyway".
smile.gif
I was 8 at the time. Things have just gone downhill since then.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Her light was bright,

Her structure strong

She left last year

She done me wrong.

Not my flashlight, dummy, my girlfriend!!!

(Actually it was four years ago)

Brightnorm

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Huh.

Well, a flashlight you can try out in the store sometimes before you take it home.

Let's just say that some stores have very restrictive policies about their changing rooms, and leave it at that.