Pelican Stealthlite Rechargeable – Original or RECOIL?

mn_308

Newly Enlightened
I'm in need of a couple (2-4) additional rechargeable lights.

I already have an older Pelican Stealthlite (Browning branded), that has seen little use, but has served well.
Cost is an issue...

I was thinking of buying a couple more of the same, to allow stocking of only 1 style replacement lamp (and interchangeable charge bases or other parts if needed).
I was also thinking of getting a couple of the NON-rechargeable 4aa stealthlites to serve as back-ups to the rechargeables…. again for interchangeable lamps, and other.

But then I noticed that Pelican now has the Stealthlite available in a LED model.
Are the RECOIL led series worth the extra ~15 each?
The runtime sure looks good for the led model.

The major use will be nighttime outdoor activities (camp/fish/hunt/other), but may also be used occasionally during power outage or similar environments.

Any suggestions as to which way I should go?
Should I just toss the old pelican in the closet, and convert to LED for all?

Thanks,
mn_308

Last edited:

mn_308

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have one of each, or done comparisons, even the non-rechargeable versions?

TOMTEC

Newly Enlightened
I've got a Pelican SabreLite model 2020 (old model) with the Recoil LED. It's not as compact as the StealthLite, but I had a huge supply of Alkaline C cells, so why not! The beam from the Recoil LED module has very tight throw, but absolutely zero side spill... Take a look at the beam profile in the review here. Some people love it, while others hate it. I keep mine in my car for those times I need to light up distant objects off the side of the road or while searching for trail access points.

TOMTEC