most powerful light that you "actually" use often?

wquiles

Flashaholic
Not the most powerful you own, but that you actually use. And if you have a LOLA and HOLA, which one is the one you "use". I am not talking about a Mg85 that you only use once a year to show off, but actually a light (LED or Incandescent) that you actually use often, more than once per week ;)

For me it is the SF M6 with the "new" MN20, driven by the HDM6 LiIon pack. I use it to walk at night several times a week.

Will

Pyle-IT

Newly Enlightened
It may not be the brightest on the block but on of my A2's (i have 4:whistle:) is always with me. every day and everywhere.

D-Dog

Enlightened
I have to say that i usually use my r500 scorpion at least once a week, actually, yesterday I used it to locate a leaking seal in our bathroom plumbing. If not that than I use my Intelli every day although that isn't as bright.

Willabbott

Newly Enlightened
For me it's my E2W with the MN02 lamp (20lumens) and my Jetbeam MkII with LiIon (approx 50-70lumens)

My next step up would be my SL-20X which I recently put an SL35X bulb into, I usually grab it anytime I'm in the car and am an extended distance from home, since I've got a traffic wand for it, etc... I also grab my K2 3C mag more often since getting it a week or 2 ago, however the lights carried on me, the E2W and Jetbeam are by far the most often used.

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac's Torch. When I step outside and need some serious light, its the one I want. Small, compact, and it just lights up the entire yard and turns night into day.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight 4AA Propoly Luxeon and Inova T4 used nightly when I put the dog out back. I live on a few acres and have seen coyotes, deer, and other animals on my property.

Timson

Enlightened
C3 Centurion with P91 - Gets used almost daily at work

Mag 85 is used every time I work lates or nights

At work I always have an Inova T3 on my belt, the C3 on a lanyard attached to my jacket and the M85 in my bag.

Tim.

HEY HEY ITS HENDO

Enlightened
.............chopped down minimagLED, running 1x 14500 li-ion...
very bright floody beam, easy to mouth hold, easy fit in most pockets ...
........ i`m suprised nobody is offering chopped or customised minimagLED`s ???

schrenz

Enlightened
SF M3T

It my "Night-Hiking-spot-light", easy to carry, and bright enough for rather all purposes .
Lights like the M6 LOLA or the Warrior 2000R are more for fun :laughing: .
Greets Jens

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Mag ROP LE.

Wquiles, you're right: I love my Mag85, and I love my Mag623...but the Mag ROP LE's tiny Mag 2C form factor means that it's always sitting on the coffee table, and thus always the one I grab when I need some serious lumens.

- FITP

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me its currently my E2D. Since its dark when I leave for work and when I get out of the gym I have it strapped to my hip...

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, it would have to be my McLux PD and then my Surefire U2. My M6 is my most powerful but it eats up too many batteries and is too big to carry around. Things might change if I can get a rechageable pack and a Milkyspit turbohead for it.

-Goatee

tron3

Banned
Fenix LO-Ti gets the most use because the P1 isn't always with me. The LOP used to hold that title.

But I believe that will change when my P1D-CE comes. :drool:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
For anything that an LED light will cover that'd be either my Fenix P1D CE or the Gladius. For anything needing more throw/light that would be the Scorpion R500.

alanagnostic

Enlightened
Surefire 9P with P90 bulb. Everytime I go looking for the doggies on the property it goes with me. Where did those puppies go?:candle:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fire~FlyIII on my keys, I use burst mode a couple of times per week. Normally, it's use is low or medium modes.

MillerMods 1.7 watt U bin L1P Use it daily since it is my bicycle helmet light. :D

LuxeonV Mag Grab it for my high output needs about once per week.

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
wquiles said:
Not the most powerful you own, but that you actually use.

Will

I'm confused by the most powerful as a limiting factor. At what illumination level does a light start to become most powerful?

:huh2:

The light I use the most is a Gerber Infinity Ultra (lots of low-light/low power situations), secondly an Inova X5. The Inova is more powerful but I use the Gerber more often. Does that confuse the original question? I suppose that the X5 might qualify as somewhat powerful or at least the most powerful of the two and that's the one I should have responded with?

I have much more powerful lights that I use as the occasion warrants (Inova T2, T3, PT Surge and Tec 40, SL ProPoly 3C and 4AA) but those two do the grunt work.

carrot

Flashaholic
I don't regularly use anything more powerful than my Streamlight Strion. Anything larger and more powerful just gets too bulky to carry.