Help a noob ! - First LED - What to do with others?

moodysj

Newly Enlightened
First off I want to start by saying this forum is awesome. I stumbled upon it and am fascinated by the weatlh of knowledge here and the initiative/ambition of its members. It makes me tired just reading through the pages of info.

Anyway, my first LED is a Mag 3AA 3W on sale from Home Repo. I am amazed, it is my brightest light.

So that motivates me to do something with my others. I have a stock 2AA Brinkman (Mag predecessor) with a cracked reflector. I would like to upgrade. Should I go LED or incand? Which model? I would like to spend less than $25. Would it be more cost effective to replace it? How about batteries - what type and where to get?

My other decent one is a Mag 3D with a Xenon. I would be willing to spend $30 or so. Same questions as above.

Then I have a plastic Eveready 6-volt lantern.

My main needs are for when the power goes out, my wife "hears" someting in the midle of the night and wants me to check it out, or for peering into a dark computer case.

Thanks.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
moodysj said:
My other decent one is a Mag 3D with a Xenon. I would be willing to spend $30 or so. Same questions as above.
You can head back to HD and get the Maglite 3 Cell LED upgrade for $18.79 + Tax. It'll be brighter than your 3AA Maglite. :sold:
You'll probably find that the 2 & 4 cell LED upgrades are on sale for $15.03, but not the 3 cell (I have no idea why).

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited: