has anyone experienced in the uk non dellivery of goods.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just now i am wating for 2 items . from usa and beyond ,through out 2006 .I have had no problem. now as it is xmas .its gone pear shaped. what I am saying is this . dont these people know .it hapens ,at xmas time ,employ more staff.

leduk

Enlightened
Once, I bought an item off ebay, from Ireland and waited and waited. I emailed and there was no reply. I emailed again and eventually they got the message. The proof of delivery (POD) had my name against it. I said that I hadn't signed and hadn't got it. They eventually sent another item.

At work a couple of weeks back I was waiting for a part on site. I phoned up to chase as the item as past its ETA. Funnily enough the item had already been signed for. I chased round the place and found the staff member. No he hadn't signed for it. 35 minutes later the delivery driver walked through the door with the parcel. Sure enough a signature was not required.

Its taught me a lesson that a proof of delivery is useless. The
delivery driver can forge it. At the wrong address the receiver can read your name from the parcel and sign for it. The driver to be fair, will not remember where they've been a few days afterwards.

Wait a reasonable amount of time and then start emailing and phoning. Don't take no for an answer.

I've started signing for things with a random initial in the signature.Anything with my real initial probably isn't me.

Cheers

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm waiting for a few bits 'n bobs from the US...I think that they probably would have been here by now if it wasn't for the Christmas chaos (postie has just shoved some letters through my door as I typed...but no bits 'n bobs were included).
frown.gif

CFU

cdosrun

Enlightened
I had a couple of Fenices coming, they both arrived yesterday. Hopefully there will be some more bits coming shortly. I think they are gradually getting back to normal after the Christmas rush.

Andrew

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
The Kroma passaround light that was for international members got lost en route to the UK from Canada... luckily there was tracking and insurance, so it should get sorted out eventually. :)

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
jch79 said:
The Kroma passaround light that was for international members got lost en route to the UK from Canada... luckily there was tracking and insurance, so it should get sorted out eventually. :)
hi i think we have more pickpockets in the uk, ie postmen, but with out insurance we are stuffed.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got one of my US orders delivered (from 4sevens), posted on the 13th December...so there is definately a bit of a delay going on (I usually get my orders from him within a week).

Looks like the mail is getting back on track.

CFU

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I just got a parcel yesterday from the US posted twenty days ago. Still waiting on two more. Royal Mail is no where near as reliable as USPS. I've had a parcel I gave up for lost show up six months after it was posted, as well as several other items that just never showed up. Royal Mail is completely disorganised; almost daily there will be two or three Royal Mail vans delivering parcels at the same time on my very short street. At least a half dozen times I've had two separate parcels arrive on the same day within an hour of each other from two separate vans (I can't imagine how much time and petrol they are wasting with their current system of delivery). :ohgeez:

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep...we're missing at least five Christmas cards (have spoken to the folks who sent them too), and my November Mastercard statement failed to turn up as well (leading to me having to pay a fortune in late charges too...grrr...). Normally I'd have noticed that, but being thourghly disorganised having just got back from holiday and with the run up to Christmas, I failed to notice it until it was too late.

In fact...don't think we've had any post since before Christmas...

I admit that the postal system out here is bound to be less efficient than in town, as we're out in the middle of nowhere...but it's never been this bad before.

Latest posts