New Maglight ad

Saaby

Flashaholic
I just saw a Maglight ad. Started out with a Mag 3D or 4D on the road on a rainy night. Cue narrator (Deep voice, slightly slightly british accent) "We could go on and on about how the Maglight is one of the best flashlights in America... (Cue: Mack truck) or we could just hit it with a Mack truck

Truck runs over the light. The first wheel turns it on, the second turns it off...etc etc

"Maglight. It's never dark in America."

I almost fell off my chair laughing!
grin.gif
yellowlaugh.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Say what you want, they must be doing something right. What's sad is how little it would take to make this a top notch light. Different reflector & bulb is all they need. TX

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Ryan,
That ad probably cost about $75K to make, but will probably sell another 100K units.

Imagine the sales ARC would make if they aired their version during the Super Bowl.
icon14.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Yeah, but you run over a Mag with an 18-wheeler. If the switch still works, I'll give you $50. If the bulb hasn't burst, I'll give you $100. If the anodze still looks brand new, make it $150.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

A few days ago, my wife dragged me along while she shopped. First stop was a beauty supply store. I saw the AAA and Solitaire in the familiar blister packs hanging on a pegboard behind the counter. Talk about marketing a product.

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Cool ad.

How many people here have heard someone say "Hey, that's as bright as a Maglight!", when shown something way better. Now that's marketing...

GeoffChan

Enlightened
it must of been a stunt maglite. A friend of mine noticed that it bends under the weight of the truck and it just sits there, wouldn't it just start flying off after it got hit by the first set of wheels
confused.gif

Geoff

iddibhai

Enlightened
you know what this means! get a maglite and drive over it with your vehicle! take pictures, tell us how it fared
smile.gif

Tomas

Banned
Heheheheheh . . . Thing is if you tried that with any of the Arcs, you'd have to chase the truck down to pry 'em out of the tire treds. Of course, they'd still work fine . . .
smile.gif

I wonder if I should run over my "D" MagLite a few times to test it out, and send it in for warrenty replacement if it doesn't survive in good shape.? Heck, the ad said it should, eh?
wink.gif

tomsig01.gif

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Ad ain't new. Saw it mid 90's in New Zealand. Looked like the semi-trailer had David Copperfield-esque sponge wheels, the way it deformed and gave way to the Mag torch as it drove over it.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone got the urge to tie Mag up in lawsuits for false product claims ?

You never know they may have to drop some of their own legal cases to pay the bill
wink.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i lost a 6d mag off a motorcycle at 120+ mph on concrete.it got dinged up but still works.still has the bulb in it that took the trip.
spare survived too.so i would think one would survive a truck running over it.
the tires would likely deform around it.
given enough time i could find a way to break an anvil though so they shouldnt put out a challenge to try to kill a mag.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say that they are advertising, since their sales (on certain models) have been dropping. I wonder why???
grin.gif

To improve their products, all they need to do, is orange peel the reflectors (textured). Sadly, they would rather take competitors to court, than make a simple improvement.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
snakebite-

120+ mph ? Gotta tell ya. That scares me just thinking about it. Maybe in the desert. I can see that...kinda.

Was it hard to focus the Maglite? Juz kidden.
smile.gif

Be careful out there brother.

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Nah, I don't think textured reflector is the way to go. I'd rather they design a bulb shape that more evenly distributes the light output from the filament that way the reflector doesn't have to make up for poor light consistency and can carry out its function of providing an adjustable beam.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could even see the dark spot in the beam. They must have done that so as not to confuse it with a real product.
smile.gif