darn case runied my new mp3 player

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im kinda pissed. man what kinda case is this garbage from this company it cost me 32 bucks but i saved for it so ill keep my mp3 player looking new and scratch free but sadly it scratched it.what in the world .man only had the player a few days and. i was taking so good care of it ..

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol pw i just called em man there waste of time.well i guess ill just have a scratched player just hope my screen stays clean

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I wonder if you can buff out the scratches with some of that CD-scratch-repair solution? It's supposed to fill in the scratches with some kind of goo that has a similar refractive index.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
if i was smart i would of never took off the thing that came with it.but i took it off and its to late now.im thinking maybe i should just say the hect with it.and let it scratch but i love it so much this thing almost loos like ya are watching hdtv

Illum

Flashaholic
china mp3 players are FUBAR...

I bought a 1GB JXD player, the "aluminum" has a soft feeling to it, well...brand new bought and paid for, just itself being in the jean pockets after the first day the case was essentially rubbing off and showing the electronic guts, the "metal" cover was really a polymer clamshell covered with powdered dust...what a PoS...:mad:

this http://www.14023.com/it/img/JXD862.jpg

What was your model? hopefully its a company we know [as in its not a china company]

well if your screen gets scratched, theres always the toothpaste option:candle:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
to me scratched is ruined specially on a player.that is known for its video screen its a creative labs vision m.the case is a do action jacket.

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you explain the logic behind your use of the period?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it scratched on the screen or the touchpad? If it's pretty bad, try contacting DLO. A search for DLO Action Jacket on Yahoo! shows an Amazon result (#5) with a few reviews telling of bad scratches. Maybe DLO will be able to help you. What's their warranty like?

My video player (a Cowon A2) came with a simple leather case, and I got a Maxpedition holster for it as well (the large size). A medium Maxpedition cell holster would probably fit your player pretty well.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im afraid to even try to clean the player.there is one scratch on screen thats my main issue.ill contact do now.my biggest mistake was taking off the plastic cover that is shipped with the player.and buying this case at first i wasnt able even turn the player on with the case on. i can live with scratches on the player but not on the screen kinda like ya tv screen all messed up

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scratches on the screen from the case really sucks. There are plastic polishes available that might help, try an auto parts store. Meguiars makes some good stuff.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's made to get scratched. :laughing:
Just use it and enjoy it. :rock:
A better one will eventually show up.

I have 4 mp3 players from over the last few years.

A Comotosed Comotron mp3 cd player that won't work anymore, but was ok when it did :rant:

A Panasonic mp3 cd player with a weak headphone amplifier. :huh2:

A 128 meg smartmedia plus another 128 smartmedia added (256 megs total), Trumpion brand that windows XP doesn't even know what to do with, but win98 did. :ohgeez:
All the music in it is a few years old now. :whistle:

A Mercury iXA-320i that does fine in every way, except properly play an expansion card larger than 256 megs on top of the stock 256 meg of memory (512 total maximum)

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well they responded to my email.said to calll em.i was thinking it would be a lost cause but belive it or not. they answered phone fast a course it was wrong department but the other guy answred fast to said if i send it in they will replace it i was like cool. but told em i rather just have info how not to scratch it more.because im not sure when it happens if its normal play or the takeing it in and out of case .well he asked me to email them again so he can forward it a course i type like crap. so i doubt they will respond but i give em propps at least they care

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes yes, creative is a good company

they reply fast.

sad to hear how fragile the screen is however.

and the irony is that it got scratched by something that was suppose to protect it !!

was the protector from creative or some other company?

add on: trust me, the old ipod nano scratches like hell! even putting it on your pocket will scratch the hell out of it.

the new version is made with an aluminum other casing with haII coloured coating to prevent it from scratching like the old one does.

Last edited:

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear about this Raggie. Scratches drive me nuts too. My practice is to just keep the player in a zip-lock baggie when carrying it around.

For removing scratches, I found some polish intended for motorcycle windscreens. It was available at auto supply stores. Works fine for a lot of different applications, including some sunglass lenses made from plastic.

Steve K.