Sorry for being the broken record but...

Boomerang

Newly Enlightened
When will Fenix officially brand the P1D CE flashlight???

I'd Put the Fenix logo on one side and "P1D CE on another side. That way they could increase the size of the logo while still showcasing the model number correctly.

I feel so alone, sometimes. :rant: :thumbsdow

Andy

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious... What' the big deal? Do you want people to know it's a "CE"? I hate to say, but outside of this forum there aren't too many people who have any idea what a Cree LED is.

Newuser01

Enlightened
Valpo Hawkeye said:
Just curious... What' the big deal? Do you want people to know it's a "CE"? I hate to say, but outside of this forum there aren't too many people who have any idea what a Cree LED is.
Let alone what is Fenix is? It's a car, It's a plane.......No...It's SUPERMAN!!!!

lol

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
65535 said:
No it's an egyptian mythical bird...I think maybe Greek?

I'm pretty sure that's a "phoenix" and I'm equally sure he was kidding. ;)

Oh, and you were right the first time, it's Egyptian.

kbog

Newly Enlightened
Valpo Hawkeye said:
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but why? Does the branding make it brighter? I'd like it if my lights had zero markings on them.
:grin2:

Of course branding makes them brighter...just like if a bag says Prada it holds more stuff!

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are your surfire lights labled? (Yes) If you ordered one and it didn't come with the brand name 'surefire' on it, would it make a difference to you?

Kind of hard to explain. First off, it's emotional desire that has alot to do with pride in owning a particular flashlight (or brand) nothing to do with performance.

To me, unbranded lights are made by companies who are ashamed to put their name on their lights, they are usually cheap and crappy and probably not even worth spending the extra $0.01 for the lable. For me $70 US for a single light is A LOT of money and if I do spend it, I'd like the ability to show off to myself (sounds insane I know) and to others what light I have.

Makes sense?

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
eebowler said:
Are your surfire lights labled? (Yes) If you ordered one and it didn't come with the brand name 'surefire' on it, would it make a difference to you?

Kind of hard to explain. First off, it's emotional desire that has alot to do with pride in owning a particular flashlight (or brand) nothing to do with performance.

To me, unbranded lights are made by companies who are ashamed to put their name on their lights, they are usually cheap and crappy and probably not even worth spending the extra $0.01 for the lable. For me $70 US for a single light is A LOT of money and if I do spend it, I'd like the ability to show off to myself (sounds insane I know) and to others what light I have.

Makes sense?

I can see what you're saying. I just don't feel that way. You'll notice in one of my previous posts in this thread that I would like it if all my lights were un-branded, without labels. To prove my point, it's not uncommon for people with high-end or customized cars to have their ride "debadged" where they take off all identifying marks. They don't need a BMW logo on their car to feel better about it. It's a slick car with great performance no matter what badges, labels or markings are on it.

Just my $.02

Mike abcd

Enlightened
Better threads for reliable one handed operation.

Change the level sequence. Med/High/Low is insane in a light that bright.

Change the levels to be equally spaced as visually perceived.

Cut the high level a little so a CR123 can stay in regulation.

Improve the beam quality.

UI improvements. Optional clickie tube, etc, etc, etc.

That's my wish list in declining order of importance. I couldn't care less if or how it's labeled as long as it's not garish.

Function over form for me any day.

Mike

Martini

Enlightened
eebowler said:
To me, unbranded lights are made by companies who are ashamed to put their name on their lights, they are usually cheap and crappy and probably not even worth spending the extra $0.01 for the lable.
You mean cheap crap like Lumapower's LM30x lights? Didn't think so.

None of this applies to the P1D, anyway. It is labeled. Very clearly. You have the brand and the model number right there on the light. I understand that you want it to say "CE" right there on the barrel, but consider this:
  • The light is mass produced
  • There are four versions: two finishes, two LED/reflector combos
  • The differences are obvious
Is it worth increasing cost just to further differentiate them? You can tell it's a Cree die even when the light is off, not to mention when it's on. Given the popularity of the CE, if I saw a P1D lying around, I wouldn't assume it was the Luxeon version.

Besides, to a non-flashaholic, it won't matter if it's a CE, or a Fenix, or anything. The only thing that will matter is, "Wow! That's bright!"

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Hey eebowler. I understand exactly what you are saying. I wondered why the CE wasn't on the light when it first came out.

Geoff

Flashlight Enthusiast
It doesn't matter since well umm its just bright. Btw I would be distruaght if SF didn't have a brand on my light (they do it to every light I want that too) plus the small Stamp used is the right size just to know its a U2 not a Kroma or something.

theRadioGuy

Newly Enlightened
I bought one for a Christmas gift. Got nervous when I didn't see "CE" anywhere on the body of the light. Wondered if somebody switched out the "CE" for a plain P1D.

Put a battery in, turned it on and saw the dark ring on the outside edge of the hotspot. Definitely a "CE."

Felt much better :)

Latest posts