Your favourite flashlight of the year 2006?

whc

Enlightened
Thought it would be fun to hear all of yours favourite flashlight of the year 2006. Let me begin…

My favourite light of 2006 is the LED-LENSER Hokus Fokus (in US "Tactical Focus"). This is a super bright power LED light, with amazing light output, good ergonomics, well priced, uses normal AAA batteries (3 of the kind), and the possibility of wide and narrow spot. Brilliant light, that surprised me wary much. Defiantly my favourite flashlight of 2006!

DSC01120.jpg

What have bean yours favourite of 2006?

Last edited:

Grim Reape®!!!

Newly Enlightened
Mine is the ORB RAW 2-stage with the CREE XR-E LED
Brighter than all other lights in that size (That i have tried) and also the coolest looking (But i could be biased since it's only a week since i got mine)

FireFighter05

Newly Enlightened
I know its a little different, but Ill have to go with the Streamlight Survivor LED. It has many practicle uses in my profession :)

robm

Enlightened
FireFighter05 said:
I know its a little different, but Ill have to go with the Streamlight Survivor LED. It has many practicle uses in my profession :)

So what is it that you do ? ;)

Oh and favorite flashlight (I think you mean torch) of this year - Raw NS with XRE. It is soo tiny and sooo bright!

FireFighter05

Newly Enlightened
Fire Fighter... The Survivor lights are made to clip onto turnout gear or air-pack straps

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS B42 XRGT.

Especially after we were given the secret of reprogramming.

A close second is my KT turbohead. I just got it so maybe it will be my 2007 pick?

faco

Enlightened
Mine is the ORB RAW Ns 2 Stage, Perfect low beam / high beam. Has a smooth beam and nice Tint etc etc :)

TorchMan

Enlightened
I can't remember when I received the Chameleons, but I'd go with them if it was January. If not, it'd be the Orb Raw NS with trit that I know I received in 2006. It hasn't been a "light year" for me, as other things have tempered the purchases of new lights, and it's not like there aren't a few in the collection to choose from. I do want a Fenix PID CE though...

tron3

Banned
Hellbore said:
Fenix P1D-CE

I would like to say the same, but won't have mine until next year. But if it lives up to its reputation, then I will posthumorously vote it in.

Until then, it's my Fenix LO-Ti.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd probably say the Huntlight FT-01. It's combination of great aesthetics (looks very SF-esque to me), flexible driver (can run up to 2x R123As), very good quality, great output, great throw, good runtime, very good ergonomics (fits my hand really well), and very low price has made me reach for it most often.
A second would be my Luxogen LR12. Again, a great combo of aesthetics, quality, performance, and price and it's very small size.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
dulridge said:
:sold: I'll buy that one :)

Hehe, so will I :grin2:

When the dust settles...

My absolute favorite medium sized light is the Huntlight FT-01-XSE-XRE.

As for EDC, a L0-Ti hangs on my carabiner keychain. It will soon get an upgraded emitter.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me it's still the Fenix L2P. I have modified it with a UX1J LuxIII and a MillerMods circuit (set at 700 mA and designed for 2 AA NiMH cells). Works great on my rechargeable batteries and if I somewhere accidently run out of batteries, I can easily buy some AA's in a store. Plus it has a decent runtime and excellent brightness. I have a XR-E and McR reflector ready to modify it tomorrow :)

@ whc : take your time to learn more about LED flashlights, than you will sure discover you can get much better bang for the buck than that Hokus Focus.