Wish me luck!!!

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's raining CATS AND DOGS right now in San Diego. I hope there will be a power outage soon....wish me luck!
smile.gif
grin.gif

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
LEDagent,

I'm in Orange County. Send the rain!!! The Weather Channel is forcasting thunderstorms. Yippie, yippie yippie!

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff...the storm has just past and there was no power-outs....darn reliable energy...hehe.

I'm watching the news right now and they said that you (central California) should be recieving similar treatment in a few hours. Have fun and enjoy! It isn't often we see thunderstorms in So Cal.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Huge bolts of lightening are in the Santa Ana Mountains - my seat is in the upright position and my tray is locked! Bring on the darkness!

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well fellers,

If you like big o' lectric storms...c'mon over sometime. A nice slow rain is not the norm around these parts. Rain usually shows up as a dynamic engine a gruntin' and a snortin' and a spitin' fire in the skies. I love 'em.

Nobody likes anything that causes pain or suffering but there is just something about a storm that fascinates. Now, tornados, well...that's a different critter. Before I moved here several years ago I used to think that a person would be safe in a very strong building. No siree bobtail! They can scower the cement off of a super slab. Gotta get below ground.

We don't really experience true snow storms here; ice storms yes. When we talk about a snow storm local in origin we are talking about a freak of nature. Sometimes a storm will develop under very specific conditions. They are relatively small but powerful. They are strange because they are quiet in the area of percipitation because they drop snow. But you will see lightning and hear thunder. Beautiful things to see...and very rare. Once every several years they may produce a "snownado". Snownados are not a myth, they really happen. They are usually only F1s. I doubt if the Discovery channel has ever addressed them.

It is nice to know that you have torches that are powerful and dependable. I think it might be basic to mankind. We don't really know how good they are until we have to use them.

The Arkansas river is a wonderful piece of geology that links millions of people. I love it. But, what I wouldn't give right now to be hanging out with you guys, with my seat in the upright position, torches at the ready, awaiting a Santa Ana mountain storm.