Ok, luxeon I taillight. needing input before i order

hizzo3

Newly Enlightened
Here is the basic design i am looking at.

showphoto.php

I am looking at doing this in 2 circuts. The circuts will be regulated by a buck regulator, and brightness will be controlled by reducing the power to the LED's. A running circut which will consist of 2 sets of 3 lux I's. Optics will be a oval on 4 of the 6, and the remaining 2 will be narrow angle. It will also consist of a foul weather mode that will turn the running circut to brake brightness. Idea taken from Euro spec. There will also be a brake circut that will consist of 3 sets of 3 lux I's. optics here will be ovals here. When not in foul weather mode the running circut will jump to brake brightness as well when braking.

Now i will not be cranking these anywhere near full brightness. They will most likely be around 60-80ma running and brake will be about 140-180ma. This should keep levels more then reasonable. I was also thinking about putting on a POT to adjust these levels if need be. Heat sinking will be done with aluminum sheeting with a heatsink into the wheel well. plenty of air flow to even overload them if wanted.

Comments?

frenzee

Enlightened
Good to hear. Let us know when you get to the construction phase.