• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired MiniM@g and BHC Carley 1499 Hotwire Spacer and Tailcap Kits

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
SR1TailcapPhoto-1.jpg

SR1TailcapPhoto3.jpg

SR1TailcapPhoto2.jpg

SR1TailcapPhoto4.jpg

SR1TailcapPhoto2.jpg

This kit will helps solve problems with MiniMag Carley 1499(H) hotwire setup. Most of you with 1499H hot wire setup would have noticed bulb touching lens when turning to fully off position which causes bulb to break if not careful. Another is focusing for that sweet hot spot requires the head to be turned to a point where head just barely catches the last thread and wobbles significantly. This kit eliminates those problems by adding 3mm spacer on top of ceramic bulb holder and redesigning the tail cap to cope with 3mm less thread in the tail area.

Kits work with regular MiniMag with stock head and BHC. With this kit, you require approximately ¾ turn for that optimum hot spot from off position and nearly eliminates head wobbles altogether. Original thread can be found Here. This is ready to ship and not prepaid project.

Kits include:
- One 3 mm aluminum spacer. To be placed on top of ceramic bulb holder.
- One newly designed tail cap. Two designs and two finishes nickel plated or HAII black (please see the photo). Tail cap has spare bulb holder similar to MM tail cap. Spring is not included and you need original MM spring to make it fully functional.

Price: $23.00 per kit include shipping for both finishes and designs.
Payment: Paypal cash or credit card to nongvol1 (at) asianet .co.th Credit Card PP please add 3%

Shipping: Shipped via regular air mail worldwide. Registered mail option please adds $3.00. If you did not choose registered option, I'll not be responsible for lost or undelivered mail. Shipping starts January 3, 2007

It is very important to include your CPF name and design in Paypal.

Thanks,
H22A

Last edited:

myk

Enlightened
H22A, what are the chances you could get some of the ceramic bulb holders made? Theyre in very short supply around here - I've been looking for one for 2 months now

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
myk said:
H22A, what are the chances you could get some of the ceramic bulb holders made? Theyre in very short supply around here - I've been looking for one for 2 months now

I'm sure Lighthound carries complete kit. For ceramic holders, I'll have to check if I can get some made.

Glen C

Enlightened
H22a, Lighthound has been out for some time. Though listed, if you try to order "one" kit, it says "insufficient quantity". This will probably restrict sales to people with existing ceramic holders. Good luck, look like a good kit.

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glen C said:
H22a, Lighthound has been out for some time. Though listed, if you try to order "one" kit, it says "insufficient quantity". This will probably restrict sales to people with existing ceramic holders. Good luck, look like a good kit.

Thaks for the info. I didn't know it was out of stock.

Nebula

Enlightened
H22A - At last! Thanks for making these pieces. I will place my order when I get home tonight. My PP will cover the order as well as the black BHC (close out model) that we discussed, and 2 D size heat sinks (if you still have them is stock). Thanks. Kirk

BTW - Glen C is correct that Lighhound has been out of the kits. That said, I don't think that means that Auroalite will stop making them, nor that John will stop selling them. I plan to send Lighthound a note asking about future availability. I will post a follow up here. Kirk

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nebula said:
H22A - At last! Thanks for making these pieces. I will place my order when I get home tonight. My PP will cover the order as well as the black BHC (close out model) that we discussed, and 2 D size heat sinks (if you still have them is stock). Thanks. Kirk

BTW - Glen C is correct that Lighhound has been out of the kits. That said, I don't think that means that Auroalite will stop making them, nor that John will stop selling them. I plan to send Lighthound a note asking about future availability. I will post a follow up here. Kirk

Hi Kirk,

DHS and BHC close out model both are still available. I'm not sure whether AuroraLite is interested in another run. However, I'm sure there is minimum quantity require to get the production going. I'll PM him to get his response on this.

Last edited:

PGP

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:

1x SR1N (Nickel) $23.00
1x SR1BF (Black) $23.00

Total = $46.00

Thanks!
Patrick

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
- Icarus
- kabkbak7321
- Nebula: special request received.

PP received. Thanks. Shipping this week.

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
- PGP
- Nebula
- Icarus
- cnjl3
- kabkbak7321
- elnino

Shipped this morning. Thanks.

Nebula

Enlightened
Setapong - thanks for the update. I look forward to adding these tailcaps to my hotwire mods. BTW- I read that Lighthoud will have more Hotwire kits in stock sometime this month. Kirk

D-Dog

Enlightened
Nebula said:
BTW- I read that Lighthoud will have more Hotwire kits in stock sometime this month. Kirk
Really, I thought that they were coming in during the first week of March.

BTW, that kit looks really cool ...darn CPF addiction ...