PAYPAL WARNING: Should we be concerned?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I was about to send PayPal home page to a friend who's starting a business, and I came across this.

*** PAYPAL WARNING ***

Anybody know anything about this? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Brightnorm

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been hearing these stories for a long time & have never had a problem. This is not to say I never will, but in 2-3 yrs & maybe 100 transactions, I haven't yet. TX

axolotls

Enlightened
paypalsucks.com etc etc.
these have been around for awhile.

i use paypal frequently and haven't had a horror story yet. a few minor problems that were resolved but nothing significant enough for be to abandom them (and stop paying them fees).

i think i have logged about 300+ transaction since they started.

you just have to use common sense when you deal with 'strangers'.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had thousands of Paypal Transactions since two months after their inception.

Only one problem, and it wasn't their fault (I made a mistake, then the seller made a mistake, and I was out a hundred bucks for two weeks, but PayPal's automatic system took care of it and I got my money back without any extra effort).

I know that one of the anti-PayPal sites was started by a person convicted of fraud through PayPal and it was just revenge because they turned him/her in and testified against him/her.

That said, about one in a million honest transactions through PayPal DOES get someone that didn't do anything wrong royally $cr#w#d by PayPal system.

I willing to accept that level of risk though.

Tomas

Banned
I've also been using PayPal since shortly after they started business, and I have yet to have a problem. They've been reasonably fast and totally accurate in their dealings with me.

Yes, I've heard random "Bad Things(tm)" about them, but not once have those warnings come from anyone that I actually know or can verify . . .

I suspect the odds of having "Bad Things(tm)" happen with them are longer than the odds being hit by a car and injured.

I guess I'll continue to take my chances with both.
wink.gif

tomsig01.gif