Spray Can Haters Club

patg

Newly Enlightened
Why can't manufacturers of lubes like silicone spray come up with an applicator that can meter out their product in a small volume and with a low velocity instead of the high volume and high velocity???

I mean really, how often have you ever needed to coat several square inches or square feet with their product? Usually the target area is VERY SMALL and you usually want only ONE DROP at a time! More times than not, spray cans are the wrong delivery system for this, but are the standard.

Yeah sure, you can use their stupid little tube attachements if you have not lost it (the tube) already, but it is still a high-velocity delivery system that is difficult (ha!) to apply without applying too much and getting it where you don't want it.

It would be nice if they sold their product in something like an "oiler" or a syinge, or even something that shot only one drop at a time.

I guess though, the big spray cans help them sell more gallons of product and there is a logic in that.

If you feel the same way I do, go to the door or window right now and scream "I mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it any more!".
wink.gif

I'm better now. Thanks for listening.

Pat

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Well, at least super glue doesn't come in an 11oz spray can. Would be kinda interesting if it did, though, wouldn't it?

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I have done in the past is to spray the lube into a small, re-sealable vile and then apply the lube with an applicator of choice [toothpick, paint brush, etc.]. That way I have some lube left over for future use. I will caution that the vile be made of glass, because the solvents in certain silicone lubes may soften some plastics.
shocked.gif
frown.gif
icon15.gif

Dan

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
Save the cap, spritz a bit into the cap, dip the extension tube into what's in the cap. Voila! A micro dispenser..

Or... Roll your own applicator by squirting some in a disposable glue syringe or pet nursing syringe (from pet store or friendly Vet).