1st Mod

philw3

Newly Enlightened
this is my 1st attempt at modding - be gentle!

I bought a 2D mag from Lowes and tried turning my own heatsink for a single Lux 3 emitter. I wasn't sure about the hieght the emiitter needed to be at so made this flexible heatsink with a threaded post for the emitter.

I also made a battery holder to allow me to run this on 2x 18650s. I'm using a bflex driver (great board with tons of options!)

Anyway it's pretty crude but allows me to play around with positioning/options etc.

20060022.jpg

2006005.jpg

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
:goodjob:

How did you make the heatsink?
What type of lathe?

That flat top, threaded post makes your heatsink one of the most versatile for almost any type of high power led. :)

Last edited:

philw3

Newly Enlightened
Killingtime here's a photo of the battery holder - nothing fancy. Just peices of plastic pipe turned down to fit into each other and then reamed out for the 18650s.

2006lights001.jpg

I did indeed convert the stock switch to momentary using the various guides on CPF. I thought hard about making a custom holder for the bFlex board so that I could use the on board switch. However using the factory switch looked like the easiest option at the time.

The lathe I'm using is a Logan with 11" swing and the extended bed. A little old and loose but plenty accurate enough for what I'm doing.

thanks

Phil