P1Dce on R 3.7

optimator

Newly Enlightened
Newbie here, been reading the posts for along time and have learned alot from everyone, even bought all my workers and business contacts Led lights for Christmas. So I have alot of 3.7 rechargables left and just ordered a P1D ce natural ( hope the threads are ok). I am a little confused on what the light does on the 3.7 battery. Do I have one brighness level with sos and strobe? Will it be brighter than the 3.0 battery?
Thanks in advance for any info.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
optimator said:
Newbie here, been reading the posts for along time and have learned alot from everyone, even bought all my workers and business contacts Led lights for Christmas. So I have alot of 3.7 rechargables left and just ordered a P1D ce natural ( hope the threads are ok). I am a little confused on what the light does on the 3.7 battery. Do I have one brighness level with sos and strobe? Will it be brighter than the 3.0 battery?
Thanks in advance for any info.

If the battery is fresh out of the charger, the first three levels will appear the same brightness. Levels 4&5 will work as with a primary. Once the rechargeable looses some juice you will be able to see a difference in the three levels, but med. and low will be brighter than with a primary.

Face

Enlightened
So it's safe to use one straight of the charger then? Even tho that'd be about 4.2v-ish?

I'm waiting for a CE to arrive, along with some 3.7v 123 and other assorted gear from AW and I'd hate to fry my new toy straight away.

Cheers,

face

tron3

Banned
I put my 3.7 in it today. But it was about 3.5 volts when I did this. After playing with around it finally started to dim before my eyes. It's in the charger now and I want to make sure it is safe before doing so.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't want to say your light will be safe. I can only say I have used a battery fresh out of the charger and mine is still ticking. If I recall correctly, the light is rated for up to 4V.

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using a 3.7 volt rechargeable in mine for a while now with no apparent harm. Unlike the P1, the P1D CE isn't any brighter on the high setting with the 3.7 volt rechargeable than with a 3.0 volt primary cell.

c_c

Last edited:

Face

Enlightened
Oh, I didn't realise that the High wsn't higher with a rechargeable 123. To my untrained mind, I thought it might be circa 20% brighter. That was the reason for going down the 3.7v route. Might as well just stick with primary 123s.

Thanks for the advice,

Face

tron3

Banned
Face said:
Oh, I didn't realise that the High wsn't higher with a rechargeable 123. To my untrained mind, I thought it might be circa 20% brighter. That was the reason for going down the 3.7v route. Might as well just stick with primary 123s.

Thanks for the advice,

Face

Don't be so quick to move on to primary cells. An R-CR123 wich tops off at 4.2v can only give you longer run times than even regulated ones. Why? Well, it sustains usable voltage longer. What ever isn't sucked in as voltage becomes usable mA. Ohm's law. :grin2:

My R-CR123 only topped off at 3.90v after charging last night, and dropped to 3.88 after a few minutes of waiting. Maybe it doesn't top off like it used to, but it it is working great in my P1D-CE.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have battery station r-123 batteries and they don't fit in my P1D light. What brand of regular 3.7 volt light fits in the fenix P1D and P1?

Latest posts