Your profession...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i am a high school student also...senior

i would *really* like to do what peter did...

btw, what grade are you in?

mikep

Enlightened
Fire Protection Engineer
I design sprinkler systems for buildings.
I work for a consulting engineering firm in Chicago.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Current: Railroad Signal Technician/Inspector

Previous: 21 yrs U.S. Air Force (Avionics analog/digital computerized test station maintenance, testing, repair, programming of radio systems, weapons systems, flight controls, radar systems, aircraft environmental systems, etc. on "Jolly Green" helicopters, T-33 jets, F-4E "Phantom" jets, F-106 "Delta Dart" jets, F-15A,B,C,D, & E "Eagle" jets, C-130 cargo aircraft, C-141 cargo aircraft...oh and probably a few more here and there on an "as needed basis"!)

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Retired Radiation Protection Technician
33 years in US Army and Civilian nuclear power plants. And no, I don't glow in the dark!
grin.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a Staging Manager. This means I am in charge of all our large corporate shows. We do the lighting, sound, video and stage/set design.

MicroE

Enlightened
I'm an engineer at a NJ manufacturer of medical devices.
Previously 10 years in laser diodes and electronics.---Marc

Tomas

Banned
"Retired" engineer / engineering manager / project manager / tech writer for the old Bell System, including a stint at Bell Labs, Holmdel, NJ.

Primary area I was in was high-speed digital commuications systems.

Waaaaaay back before those 25 years, I worked as cameraman / maintenance tech at a TV station and did a stint in the USAF.

Now my job is curmudgeon and general annoyance . . .
wink.gif

tomsig01.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Hey! Lost those professions in your profile would ya?

I am a High School student as well. I want to go into engineering, perferably automotive. I'm not just any High School student though (Softomore/10th grade) I'm a School of Technology student. That only takes 3 of my 8 classes though--one of my other classes is Stage Productions. I do Audio stuff. If engineering was to fall through I'd probably do something in productions (Film/TV/Live)

Albany Tom

Enlightened
I work with computers for a government agency. The more you learn about either, the more you're surprised that either ever works.

Prior to this, I was an independent computer consultant/programmer, a hired consultant, and owned a computer business - in no particular order.

For fun, I teach people how not to kill people by accident with pistols. This should somehow relate to my profession, but doesn't.

BradN

Newly Enlightened
I build and customize paintball guns for a shop in Houston.

Paintball Maxx

I also do some contractor type work for a gun manufacturer from Chicago at the national paintball tournaments as a gun tech.

Airgun Designs
Thats about it.

lessing

Newly Enlightened
I am a dimmer and moving light tech for a production/rental house in NJ. I install and upgrade theatres and fix moving lights on concert tours.

Brock

Flashaholic
Technical Director for a 2000 seat theatre, we did just over 300 shows last season and even more this season. That means I contact each show coming in and arrange crew, times, setup and tear down of each one.

lessing have you been through our theatre with a show yet?

DavidH

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Albany Tom:
I work with computers for a government agency. The more you learn about either, the more you're surprised that either ever works.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Same here. I did programming for a while and now I'm into Network/System Administration. I do a little bit of consulting as well.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
23 years with BellSouth as a central office wire tech, record storage, mailroom, warehouse worker and now a service rep that handles broadband and switching orders for wholesale/resale customers.