U2 Ultra

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think that you have anything to worry about. I think the newer ones have had better tints and brightness than the original ones.

Just in case... GOOD LUCK!

The U2 is a splendid light and is still one of my favorites even after all of the ones that I have owned and still own.

By the way, there was some small talk about the new Huntlight with 5 levels blowing the U2 away... it was only talk.

You made a great choice and will soon have one of the finest lights ever made!

-Goatee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Iono I think the U2 is much mor eversatile than a 5 level torch low light can be better than tons of light for sure. (sometimes anyways :whistle: )

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
persanoly the reason i traded my u2 was becuase i did not use all 6 levels i just used low 70% of the time then hi 25% of the time then the other 5% was on the others wich i RARLEY used. while i loved the light afater i got my a2 i didnt use it at all, so i traded it for a m3t

i hope you love yours!

sp5it

Enlightened
You gonna love this light.
I got U2 two weeks. My first SF, I'm using it as EDC light. I bought it second hand, I won lottery - I can open head without any pressure - focus beam to remove donut, WW0S is on the way to swap emitters. A friend of mine will make for me another body to use 18650 cells, maybe also short body to use one RCR123 cell.
Great light.
Mike

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Well done and congrats on the purchase.
The U2 is a honey of a light- sits on my bedside table.
The low is nice at night inside the house while the WWOS I put in there lights up the nearby stuff (up to about 15 metres) outside at night quite well to dark adapted eyes.
The levels below six are good because they give long battery life so I use a lot of 1, 5 and 6 in general.
My tailcap has been perfect since the very beginning!
Enjoy!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
ICUDoc, was there a noted improvement with the WWOS over the stock emiter? Higher lux, and output? Did you measure with a lightmeter, lux and bounce?

Bill

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Bullzeyebill
Yes I measured it by lux meter and, purely from memory, it was about a 20% increase over stock.
It was more noticeable to the eye, though, and was exactly equal to the decrement one sees when running on 18650's instead of 2 CR123A's.
All-in-all I thought it a very worthwhile change- and back then WWOS emitters were $40!!
Good luck.