What's up with fifth unit?

GetSome

Newly Enlightened
Seems like they have a ton of cheap and bright (so says their probably inflated lumen ratings) lights. Is there a catch here?

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which lights are you talking about?

1- VINET is as bright as they claim
2- GLIMT is as bright as they claim
3- ELLY is under rated...brighter in my opinion

The catch is that you have buy them if you want to get it cheap.
GetSome said:
Seems like they have a ton of cheap and bright (so says their probably inflated lumen ratings) lights. Is there a catch here?

GetSome

Newly Enlightened
FlashKat said:
Which lights are you talking about?

1- VINET is as bright as they claim
2- GLIMT is as bright as they claim
3- ELLY is under rated...brighter in my opinion

The catch is that you have buy them if you want to get it cheap.

I mostly meant the xenon lights with 200-300 lumen ratings. But the LED ones meet the specs :drool:that's crazy for the price. How is the build quality on them?

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The build quality is actually good, but one of my VINET had a defective led and fifthunit.com was willing to replace it until I decided to mod it for future experiments. I don't know about the xenon lights, since I am into LED's. Their website is down until January which sucks, because I want to order more stuff.

GetSome said:
I mostly meant the xenon lights with 200-300 lumen ratings. But the LED ones meet the specs :drool:that's crazy for the price. How is the build quality on them?

infection0

Newly Enlightened
The catch is that the quality is a bit cheap. Some Ellys especially arrive damaged because of their low price. Some lights have bad designs that might cause them to fail (take for example the light that breaks if you twist it hard enough) but they are a great value for the money and have great service. Despite arriving broken, I am sure my Elly will be replaced once they come back from their holiday. I trust Fifthunit. And the store owner actually did a review of the lights just for us.