If a non-flashaholic person just walked into CPF...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
weirdos

you sure you wanna leave this with the night posters...? doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
confused.gif
icon3.gif
rolleyes.gif
yellowsleep.gif

Is that a word?

Tomas

Banned
Originally posted by Gone Jeepin:
They would think that the nice men in the twinkie truck better come and pick us up...
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Damn! Is he coming back again? Guess I'd better get some more batteries ...

tomsig01.gif

How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?

Two: One to hold the giraffe, and one to fill the bathtub with colorful machine tools.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've actually have been laughed at for carrying too many flashlights. When i showed them the website, they didn't want to be my friend anymore....just kidding.

Seriously, my brother still doesn't understand why i'm on this site 24/7. He says we are a bunch of wierdos and nerds. Oh well....just wait until there's a blackout or major disaster, and you need light.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
To the unsuspecting, we would be a bunch of certified nutcases. However, we get to work with the latest lighting technology for flashlights. Some manufacturers actually listen to us and make changes to fix a problem or otherwise improve a product.

Once they start lookin around CPF, the sheer volume of information hits them.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't join CPF for quite awhile because I thought y'all were a bunch of nerds and geeks with technical knowledge way above my head. I was right about the technical knowledge part being beyond me, but I haven't decided yet about the nerds and geeks part...

Brotherscrim

Enlightened
My guess is they would read some of the posts and think to themselves:

"heh, figures!"

I don't think many would find us as card-carrying nutcases with all the other madness going on around the web. That said, I thought I would share a little (True!) story with y'all.

Last week, I went to the comic book store. Now, I haven't been in there in months - my funds lacking due to severe flashaholism. So I go in there, and my favorite guy is working the counter: His name is Lon, and he looks A LOT like The Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons.

This is our conversation:

"Hey Lon"

"heey, Scrimmy. Long time no see" (as he's getting my comics out of my "pull")

"Yeah, I haven't been around much because I picked up a new hobby that's been eating away at my funds of late"

"Oh yeah? What hobby is that?"

"Um...Buying LED flashlights, actually"

*silence*

That's right, the bloody comic book guy thinks I'm a bit off!

--Scrimmy

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Insane. They would think we are all insane. At least until something needs to be lit up, then they would be glad there are people like us in the world.

-Mike