Battery Options for Surefire M6

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there holders for rechargeables that fit into the M6. Like maybe 3 x 17670 or 18650? If so, what are the options for the lamps that I could use. I would love the ability to run this beast off of some renewable energy source.

I would buy the HDM6 now but it appears that the manufacturer is having some really difficult times.

Any suggestions?

-Goatee

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
The future of the HDM6 pack is uncertain, but the M6-R did happen and works like a charm. It uses SubC cells though.

There are threads about it here on CPF, otherwise CPF member js can probably answer your questions regarding the M6-R.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been planning on designing a rechargable pack and possibly starting small made to order packs, I bet with a little creativity 17670 could be made to fit easily and even 18650s I would need an M6 light to asses the size needed but other than that I think a replacement M6R could be made with regulation like JS's.

Flashlight Enthusiast
fivemega,

Thank you for showing me the thread. I will look it over but at first glance, it looks very promising!

-Goatee

Bryan

Enlightened
If only we could keep the original length though. I don't like the look of most extended lights.

Flashlight Enthusiast
AW,

You are killing me! It can be done, it works great without adding length, the output and runtime are better than Surefire's HOLA...

AND,

You are not making it!!!:rant:

I am not really ranting... but seriously, what would it take to produce this? I just gave away 4 17500's so of course I would have to buy all 6 but it would be worth it for sure.

-Goatee

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is my poor man's "option", complete with poor man's Li-Ion charger:

IMG_8154.jpg

LTC_CHARGER.jpg

Material cost was zero (all parts were scrounged/scavenged from other "hosts). Labor involved was, well, I'd rather not say.

Payback is hours and hours of guilt-free lumens using the MN20 and MN21 lamp assemblies, not to mention about three hours of regulated runtime with my Cree'd KL6.

Value = Priceless :D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need to learn to be more crafty and handy so that I can produce poor mans stuff like that!

For me my lack of know how it a very limiting factor...

Value = Costly:laughing:

-Goatee

cy

Flashaholic
there's been many surefire M6 solutions, but all have got shelved due to promotion of HDM6 project.

super lucky to have two M6R packs. runs much cooler than original pack. allows continuous 25 minutes runs with #41 pack, 20 minutes runs w/ #007 pack.

performance with M6R gives soft starts and white beam for entire run. lumens goes up to 600+ lumens with NM21 hola. bulb costs is not an issue, due to extended bulb life w/soft start.

best of all, M6R retains original form factor with no mods. original pack drops right in for instant backup. so use M6/M6R like a regular light, the have a fresh M6 battery pack loaded on standby.

no question li-ion packs more energy. IMHO high drain MNH packs would more likely make into production due to reduced liabilities VS running high drain li-ion pack in series. internal protection or not...

FYI, as most knows... JS is not making any more M6R packs and HDM6 is questionable at best and requires internal changes.

those who's been working on M6 rechargeable solutions should plow forward....