Anyone In The Dark in NC?

Monsters_Inc

Banned
grin.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I should think that given the circumstances, even if it convinces somebody to become a flashaholic...

I think they have worse problems than light!

This is my last post before Monday at least. I am going with a buddy to Chicago and we are leaving in about ten minutes!

My PT40, Attitude, SL2AA, ARC AAA, and Sears Tool 4AA are going along for the ride.

sld

Newly Enlightened
In NC, No power since 3AM, Laptop claims to have about one hour of power left, ARC LS and a couple of ARC AAA's (and the wife's candles) and the best part - She has no problem with my lights. We both work in the theatre and there is always a light & C wrench on you.
They just restored the power to within half a block of us to the north east and west. From two doors north to as far as I can see to the south it's still dark.

Bmccue1964

Newly Enlightened
Anyone from North Carolina in the dark? If so:
1.) How are you on-line?
2.) What source of lighting are you using?
3.) Have you finally convinced your spouse that your hobby may be beneficial after all?

Stay warm and bright!

astra

Newly Enlightened
Power went out at 5am Thursday. Phone went out 9am but back by 6pm. Power still off.

Light provided by:
1) 3 Aladdin mantle lamps (if you don't know what they are, you should find out). They are great.

2) Combo of various Legeng LXs, Maglights (2d's & 2aa's), Arc aaa, Photon's & Photon knock offs (now around everyone's neck - wife & 3 daughters), several various (cheap) flashlights.

3) Old (flat wick) style Kerosene lamps

I'm online because I'm at work now. Leaving soon.

Here is an additional question: What should you have for this situation that you don't have?

My answer: some long burning LED area lights would have been very helpful.

astra

Newly Enlightened
Oh I forgot, my wife never quite thought I was crazy with these lamps and flashlights, and now is VERY happy with my habit (addiction). My 'bright' budget may get an increase!

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shoot! I was just about to pack my lights in my briefcase and drive to NC to take advantage of this rare and unique opportunity.
tongue.gif

PS I have not been keeping up with the news so I hope my remarks aren't callous.