Another E1E/P1 marriage

700club

Newly Enlightened
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=144932&highlight=e1e

Thanks to Energie I was able to make one of these little lights myself. I did not have access to a lathe so I used a heat gun, drill, and a dremel instead. Mod takes about 2 hours to perform. Machine work may look better but the end result is still the same. I have been carrying light light for about 1 week now and it has quickly become my favorite EDC. I am very grateful to Energie for bringing this mod to my attention.

Thanks Friend, I love this damn light!

e1ep1011fn9.jpg

e1ep1014wg9.jpg

e1ep1016yx9.jpg

e1ep1020cb2.jpg

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello 700club:)

Congratulations to your work:goodjob:.

This is also why I like CPF so much, helping together:).

Best regards

_____
Tom

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you give any detail's of the build such as drill size, type of dremel bit's etc? Did you glue the new pill in or use thermal paste for heat transfer? How do you get the
E1E bezel apart? I bought some part's just for this mod so I'm ready to go!

700club

Newly Enlightened
MARNAV1 said:
Can you give any detail's of the build such as drill size, type of dremel bit's etc? Did you glue the new pill in or use thermal paste for heat transfer? How do you get the
E1E bezel apart? I bought some part's just for this mod so I'm ready to go!

I will send you a PM with as much detail as possible. Also last night I installed the MN03 bulb with a RCR123 3.7 and the P1 mod is waaay brighter, not even close.

700club

Newly Enlightened
Please test fit often. Please do not rush, this mod took me 2 hours. I modded the E1e head one day and the P1 head the next, test fitting the entire way. When you use the Dremel on the E1e head make sure the body is attached to the head so you do not damage the threads inside the head. Use Energies 2 threads for reference pictures.

Remove the E1E head. Apply heat to the bezel end with a heat gun or hairdyer so the thread lock releases and you can remove the bezel. Then apply heat to the base of the P1 head so you can remove the led. Use pointed tweezers to unscrew it counterclockwise. Please wear gloves because the head will be very hot. Place the E1E head with reflector down and drill in a circle from the inside with a 3/16 drill bit around the outer perimeter of the reflector. Drill your holes so close together that they join together. Any holes that did not join can be joined with a 9901 Dremel bit available at Home Depot or Lowes. Once you have the majority of the reflector removed use your Dremel to clean and smooth your work.

Now remove the P1 head and start removing the threads with the dremel.
Time for a test fit, try putting the P1 head in the E1E body. If it doesn't fit remove more material from lower section of the P1 head until it does fit.
Once the P1 head fits inside the E1E body it is time to move onto fitting the P1 head inside the E1E head.

Try putting the P1 head inside the E1E head. If it doesn't fit remove more material from the upper portion of the P1 head and from the inside of the E1E head.

Huge Tip... Attach the E1E body to the E1e head while using the dremel on the in side of the bezel that way you do not damage the threads inside the head.

When the P1 head fits inside the E1E head there is one more step to do. Slowly remove material from the top of the P1 head until the glass lens is removable. Once the P1 lens is removed you will see a ridge inside the P1 head. Remove material down to that ridge otherwise the P1 head will be too long and the E1e will not tighten down completely.

Have Fun I'm going to Panda Express. :laughing: