HuntLight FT-01x Special Edition CREE X-Lamp

xiaowenzu

Banned
Hi guys, I'm back!! This 'Cree' revolution has renewed my interest in LED once again! :laughing::laughing: It's times like these I am extra proud to be American.. Cree LEDS are used in lights from tek, ion, fenix and hopefully surefire soon (I assume these flashlight makers are paying a fortune for these cree babies!) :laughing: Anyway, what do you think of this killer flashlight?:
hlft01x.jpg
It's the Huntlight and here are the specs:
  • Using a super-bright CREE X-Lamp LED
  • Maximum brightness: 150 Lumens
  • Two 3V CR 123A or one 18650 Lithium battery , inexpensive and widely available
  • 4 hour working time
  • 131mm (L) x 25mm (D)
  • Constructed of aircraft grade aluminum
  • Type III Natural hard anodized finish
  • 111 gram weight
  • Waterproof
  • Toughened ultra clear glass lens with AR coating
  • Push-button tail cap switch (reverse clickie)
  • Colour: HA III Natural
I'd Love to get one soon! 150 vision destroying lumens! *drools* hehe :dedhorse:

Delvance

Enlightened
I'm also watching this light, but as some are saying...might be wiser to let other manufacturers start selling cree led lights as well, that way the constant compentition will force for more innnovation, quality, efficiency etc. Still...pretty tempting ;)

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's the best Cree flashlight under $100 right now.

It also have 5 lighting levels plus sos & strobe... get it, you'll like it.

Last edited:

xiaowenzu

Banned
I hate to admit it but you guys are right - I guess we should wait for other manufacturers jump on the bandwagon - now I CAN'T wait for a surefire U2 body using TWO Cree LEDs.... producing a total of 270 Lumens!! *Faints* :drool: :dedhorse: Since the power consumption of the cree is basically double efficiency of lumileds 3W.. the runtime would still be the same. hmm.. but I also heard that Lumileds are going to strike back. I can't wait for their response!! :popcorn:

Concept said:
Yes very sweet but I must wait for some of my other purchases to arrive before I take the plunge. New Years resolution and all.

Jaygnar

Newly Enlightened
I'm gonna grit my teeth and save my pennies. I'm thinking that maybe by spring, there will be a wide variety of lights that will be taking advantage of these new higher power leds. Right now, there's just too much going on and there are newer better lights coming out at a realy fast rate. I'm gonna try to wait out the storm and when things settle down, hopefully,there will be a lot of bright, well made, and wallet friendly lights out there. The new Fenix L1D-ce that is to be released is super tempting but who's to say that something better is'nt just around the corner? Then again, I'm basicly broke and spending a lot of cash to stay on the bleeding edge of flashlight tech is'nt realy too much of an option, though I wish that it were. I'm just anxious to see what the future holds. :)

Norm

Retired Administrator
My wallet has suffered enough from early adopter syndrome (paid $400 for a 4X CD burner, around $500 for a DVD player, etc.), this time I'm prepared to wait.
Norm

LA OZ

Enlightened
I saw a review on this light last week and for some reason I could not find it. I recall the beamshots show some issue with wider ring. More so than the P1D CE.

Last edited:

javafool

Enlightened
I have both the FT-01 U-Bin and the FT-01 x Cree and they are both exceptional flashlights. Bright, good beam patterns, work exceptionally well on 18650 batteries, and really built like tanks. These are the lights I grab now when I go outside for walks or to let the dogs out.

There really some exceptional Cree flashlight available now, and this us one of them.

waynejitsu

Enlightened
At first I did not like mine, but now it is one of my favorites..., it really grows on you:)