B2 Spirit Stealth

BVH

Flashaholic
I enjoy New Year's morning each year by standing out in my front yard and watching the B2 and its escourts flying a holding pattern overhead waiting to streak down Colorado Blvd at the start of the Rose Parade. Gives me teary eyes and goose bumps to see that gorgeous bird!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Reminds me of when we "closed out" the McDonnell Douglas F-4E Phantom IIs at Elmendorf AFB and the F-15 Eagles flew in for the "first time" back in the early 80's (BIG CEREMONY of course!).

(BTW - I was initially trained on the F-4E's avionics, felt I knew them pretty good. I still feel I could fix em' today! Sort of like your "first car", they'll always be my babies!)

Anyway, when the F-15s flew in (which I cross trained over to), I had those emotional goose bumps & teary eyes while watching & hearing FREEDOM streak overhead (just as I do EVERY time I hear the National Anthem!).

Good stuff - noooooo ----> GREAT STUFF!! :thumbsup:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I love high performance jet noise as much as any person alive!

But the thing I'll never forget was that AWESOME howl a Phantom in the break made!

The FA-18 moans pretty good, and even the T-45A Hawk sounds decent.

But forever printed in my head is a picture of a tactical gray F-4D!!!

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having grown up on Air Force and Navy bases, I'm with the rest of you that love that sound!

I can still often identify the individual models by the sound, even from indoors, just like some guys can tell a Ford from a GM from a Chrysler product by the sound of their exhausts.

The sound of freedom IS the sound of military power, as demonstrated by the Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps jets and the Army Helicoptors!

Bill