Fenix AA bodies - compatibility??

randyo

Enlightened
This may be covered somewhere already, but I'm having trouble getting the search function to find anything.

What if any "body" compatibility is there between the various generations of the Fenix AA line? Example - can I use an L1P body with an L1S or L1T head, or vice-versa? Is there size and thread compatibility? Tailcaps the same?

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the L2S and L1T, I can swap heads and tailcaps between them. They work on either body equally well.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
randyo said:
...can I use an L1P body with an L1S or L1T head, or vice-versa? Is there size and thread compatibility? Tailcaps the same?

The L1P and L2P bodies are not compatible with the L1T/L2T head without modification. The LxP bodies don't have enough threads to reach to the circuit board in the L1T/L2T head, and the anodize needs to be removed for the LxT low mode to work.

The L1T, L2T, L1S and L2S bodies will work fine with an L2P head. Do not try to use a 2AA body with an L1P head however--the L1P head will not accept the 3V input from 2AA batteries.

The L1S/L2S bodies and heads are cross-compatible with the L1T/L2T heads and bodies. However, like the L1P, the L1S head should not be used with any 2AA body, as the input voltage would be too high.