Trouble ordering from Inretech

doubleganger

Enlightened
Has anyone else had a problem ordering on Inretech's web site? I enter the credit card information correctly but the charge is declined. My credit card company says that the expiration date is coming through as 2002 instead of the 2004 I entered. I've tried two cards and two different computers. I've ordered from them before with no problem. I bet if I had a card with a 2002 expiration date it would go through. Any Ideas?

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might be worth calling InReTech, they may be able to process the payment manually.

doubleganger

Enlightened
Yeah, maybe Mike will give me a phone number if i email him. I just think they have a problem they don't know about. I emailed Mike about it but he always needs sooo much convincing. They are still getting orders but my guess is that every one has a 2002 expiration date.

edit: one of these days he'll figure out that I'm always right and never lie, so he can trust me
smile.gif

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
No trouble ordering. The trouble starts when you order. Charged my card three times for one order, matter of fact. Got that fixed, pretty much. It was fun making two or three trips to the bank (check card-I don't use credit cards) that day, trying to get things resolved, filling out forms, and a couple of long distance phone calls. Still waiting on my adapter. I emailed asking for shipping info four days after my card was charged, and was told there was a two week back order, along with "You just ordered it four days ago"-imagine telling a customer that.
'Course that was only about, let's see...54 days (edit:eek:ops it was "just" 48 days) ago. The last excuse was that the assemblers had forgotten about Thanksgiving
rolleyes.gif
That was while I was still getting replies. My last request was for a tracking #, since the new wait time was up a week before. That was five days ago, and I haven't gotten a response yet, much less my adapter.
Most pathetic example of "service" I've ever seen.
It's a shame, too, cause I was ordering that one to check out, and probably would have gotten ~20 of them for Christmas presents if I liked it. Now I'm thinking of getting a bunch of Tec40s or something.
Save yourself alot of grief, and order a product from someone who will actually send you something after they take your money.

btw, I used to go to Craft Road Baptist Church in Olive Branch, many moons ago. Haven't been through there in over 10 yrs, though.

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are very sorry for the problems that you have had with the website; I will try to address them here

#1 Credit card rejection

Our Visa/Mastercharge are run thru a Merchant Account with www.eprocessingnetwork.com, we have no control over the acceptance of the credit card

If your card was rejected for some reason such as expired card or wrong expiration date entered, we have no control over it - you need to take that up with your credit card company

We can not bill the card unless our Gateway accepts it

The Merchant Account on the website processes a LOT of credit cards each day and usually when a problem like this happens, its when our Merchant Gateway tries to contact the Bank that holds the credit-card and the bank processing service is down or overloaded - which does happen during peak purchasing such as the Christmas Holidays

---- Very Important note ----

Please do *NOT* press the "REFRESH" button on your browser while you are waiting for your credit card to be accepted - it will cause another transaction on your credit card

Several times we get transactions duplicated on the card because of people thinking the server timed out; one customer got 4 extra transactions on his card because he kept on pressing "Refresh"

We can NOT deleted these transactions; we have to process them, and then VOID them out which causes problems with our merchant account

#2 Backorders

We are very sorry about having some people not getting their products; we have experienced some small problems that normally happen

1) Supplier Lost PO

Our supplier for the LEDs lost a purchase order that we placed for lenses, and we didn't find out for nearly 2wks

2) Assembly house startup

We have shifted our assembly of our products to a new assembly house, and for some reason - they decided to shut down for nearly 3wks for the Thanksgiving Holidays without letting us know ahead of time

I have been ordering 2-3x the number of parts and getting them to my assembly house as fast as possible, getting a business to grow is a very demanding and unforgivening life; its more demanding than my ex-wife !

I don't want any one not to have their presents this Year - nothing is more sad than seeing someone get the look from their child/friend on Christmas morning "sorry, Santa couldn't make it this year"

I will make sure "Santa" has stuff to put into stockings if a customer orders a product in time for us to ship it to them; after the 18th I expect the US-Mail to be bogged down as usual and then its out of our hands

I am just asking for a little patience and understanding

I do not like NOT being able to ship product, it means that I have stock in inventory that is sitting and not generating revenue

In the next week, we will get approx 150 completed AA adapters and have more than enough to make everyone happy for the Holidays; again I am just asking for a little patience and understanding

I always answer each piece of mail that comes to [email protected] within 12hrs

doubleganger

Enlightened
Mike, I submitted my charge a total of about 5 times using two different credit cards and two different computers. I was very careful to enter the expiration correctly as 2004. Please give me credit for knowing how to order merchandise over the internet. After being rejected I contacted my credit card company and they said the expiration date came through as 2002. I just made another purchase from another company with the same card and no problem. I certainly did not intend this to be a bash inretech topic. I really just wanted to know if anyone else was having the same problem. Other than this problem my experience with inretech has been very positive and I would recommend them to anyone.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I had a similar problem with debit card expiration dates changing. Turns out it was my wheel mouse (and my lack of knowledge in using it) that was causing the problem. Generally putting in the exp date is the last required field. If you don't click on something outside the exp date box, then when you spin the wheel on the mouse , it changes the exp date! Of course, you're not looking at the exp date box so you don't see it change. Rember, click outside the exp date box after selecting a exp date bvefore using the wheel on the mouse.

doubleganger

Enlightened
I know exactly what you mean but while I may have made that mistake on my first try I was very careful on subsequent attempts. Since Mike was nice enough to post the vendor that processes their credit card transactions I emailed their support directly and they thought they knew what the problem was. So now I'm just patiently waiting.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by INRETECH:
I always answer each piece of mail that comes to [email protected] within 12hrs
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Try your yahoo address, since that's where every email I've gotten from you came from, and don't bother me with more lame excuses, just send me my tracking number when you have it.

edit: btw, you want patience and understanding? I had all that the first time you lied to me. I even complimented you on how you were handling the problem. I was patient and understanding the second time you lied to me, too. Now I'm fresh out of both. Since I'm the one that's out time and money, let's talk about what I want.
I want what I paid for sent to me, and I want a tracking number so I'll know when to expect it.
Get it?

edit:12/13/02 It appears this matter will soon be resolved to my satisfaction.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a similar trouble with the expiration date. Entered in the correct date several times but card(s) were refused. The funny thing was my data was kept in a "file" for future orders and it correctly filled out all the data.

Mike did email me back explaining that I entered in wrong date (?) but could paypal the order. Placed several orders elsewhere with same cards and they sailed through with no problems. I also tried to place order on different days just to see if the system was down.

I think their card host is losing them business. I am waiting for the all clear that the trouble has been fixed before I try again. Hope I did not order three or four in my CC companies eyes.

BTW they do have control over the CC processor, they can politely tell them that they will take their business elsewhere if they can't fix the software. Our business did that to a bank once when they forgot to transfer payroll funds to the check account.

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
One time; I went to lunch with a respected businessman, and when it came time to pay the bill he got out his credit-card and the store machine simply kept telling him it was "bad"

He called up the bank and they assured him over and over that it was "good", he even tried to give the phone to the owners of the restraunt to let them know, but they would not accept his card unless the machine they used said "accepted"

Things like this happen, there are several banks out there and they have communications between them, and sometimes - things don't get worked out

I was once really low on gas and my ATM card wouldn't work; I was STUCK - by the most STRANGEST luck as I was driving out of the store, I saw my brother driving his work truck right in front of me !

I know they want to get them going right since they make their commissions on the card depending on the value, we have to pay our Merchant account a percentage on each transaction; and its a higher rate for the internet because of the problems with not having the card present and fraud.

I will work with a customer anyway that I can to make sure he/she is happy, we accept checks and Paypal as well

We have shipped out hundreds of orders to customers and things like this happen

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will bendover backwards, sideways, and then some

I will lose money on a deal, before I purposely make a customer unhappy

I want make sure everyone gets their flashlights/adapters as soon as possible - But Please remember ! The US MAIL and other companies are going to be REALLY busy in the next couple of days

There is nothing more sad than the look of a kids face on Christmas morning when the parents say "Oh, sorry - Santa couldn't make it this year"

TOB9595

Enlightened
I just ordered 3 cyan and the credit card went thru. I immediately got a verification from Mike.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HEAPS OF BLESSINGS

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yippee it worked. Has my order shipped yet?
grin.gif
winkie.GIF

Isn't it wonderful how computers have made our life simpler
rolleyes.gif

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have located the problems with people ordering using their credit cards

When you order a product from us, the system remembers your information; if you re-order again the system looks up your information and uses that information so that you don't have to re-enter it again

But, if you have recieved a new credit-card with a new expiration date on it, the system doesn't know that; so it sends your previous information to the Merchant account which did work last time; but since you have a new card; will not work

Until we can update the store code to check the expiration date on customers who have ordered before, we ask you to fill out the information about yourself again and not use your previous order information