Need your Advice...

iceman

Newly Enlightened
I know this question has been asked here so many times, but I figured to get a first hand opinion from you flashaholics...

I currently have 3 flashlights.. surefire e2d defender, SL TL3 Xenon, and HDS 40XR as my favorite edc maybe because of the size. Now, after some lurking and research, its time to get another flashlight! My budget is around $100 and I am choosing over 3 lights, which are Fenix P1d-CE, Jetbeam Jet-I MKII, and Huntlight XR-E. I need help to make sure that I am getting my $$ worth with these lights! The light will be added to my edc rotation and I want something that has more lumens and longer runtime.

If you got other light suggestions, feel free to add them, I might be able to spend a bit extra if it will be all worth it..

Thanks Y'all:popcorn:

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why don't you have a headlamp or a keychain light? Seems like you have your bases covered in the throwmonster and EDC areas. With the Fenix P1d-CE, Jetbeam Jet-I MKII, and Huntlight XR-E you'll just be replacing your HDS with something maybe not as nice. I say shoot for different form factors.

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey iceman

Out of the 3 listed I would probably go for the Huntlight with the P1D CE closely following. I would however wait for a couple of reviews to surface about the new Huntlight just to be sure.

Just think if you bought the P1D CE though you could also get a Subcom to compliment it ;)

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite of the three is the HuntLight, but I agree with carbine15. Get a headlight - if you want a really nice one, try the Princeton Tec Apex or Apex Pro.

iceman

Newly Enlightened
Headlight...I'm not so sure about that.. I want something that I can hide on my pocket or belt. It seems that Huntlight is the best among the three. Yeah, I'm choosing over this and the PD1 -CE.

Concept, I think you are right too on waiting for reviewa on the Huntlights though.

~Iceman

Latest posts