How lost would you be without your EDC light(s) ?

tron3

Banned
When I think about it, my EDC lights get very "light" use (pun intended).

I wouldn't miss them terribly for lack of a light, but I would feel a little naked without one. It's like forgetting my watch at this point. I mostly enjoy the feeling of having some of the worlds brightest lights on my person.

Anyone willing to risk going a whole day without ANY edc? That should make for some interesting stories. After all no one knows the withdrawl pain of an addict until they suffer withdrawl themselves.

So, how lost would you be without your beloved EDC?

blake711

Newly Enlightened
I was at my parents on Sunday helping my father install a new Ventahood. I went to my left pocket and no light. I almost had a heart attack. Checked my right pocket wheeew thank goodness there was my jetbeam ready for action.

I hate carring things on my person especially cellphones. But once I started carring a flashlight I imagine I will have one on me till I die. Daily load is EDC light, knife, keys and wallet. As for other stuff I take it when I need it cell phone and usb drive.

Blake

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
We have a second 'puter at home in a back room running wireless. I had made a modification of where the transmitter was, and headed back there to check.

The hallway leading back there is DARK! And I didn't have a light on me!

Oh the shame!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I feel as lost as I do if my knife or watch are forgotten. Went for my traditional New Years Day hike yesterday. Just a short walk in the woods, but I had a light. :shakehead

Geoff

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's sick isn't it...when I crawl out of bed in the morning the first thing I do is place my Arc-P around my neck, then remove it a few minutes later to wash/shower...I mean FFS, it's the morning, it's light, no darkness to be seen, it's not going to suddenly go dark any time in the next several hours...but I have to do it!

Same when I put my pants on...if my HDS isn't clipped to my pocket/in it's belt sheath and my S.A.K soldier isn't slipped into my other pocket I'm having kittens.

EDC is a way of life!
buttrock.gif

CFU

Illum

Flashaholic
tron3 said:
...but I would feel a little naked without one. It's like forgetting my watch at this point.

pfft...you obviously dont emphasize on your edc very much.
to me not having a light is like going oout the house forgetting i need to put pants on:laughing:

lost? I wont be lost, just humiliated

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flying Turtle said:
I feel as lost as I do if my knife or watch are forgotten. Went for my traditional New Years Day hike yesterday. Just a short walk in the woods, but I had a light. :shakehead

Geoff

Sorry that I had to quote but, I couldn't have said it better. Watch, knife and EDC light. Lost without 'em!

Karl

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got back from a trip to Philly and I forgot my EDC in the hotel room!!! I was wearing a suit and just forgot.

Boy was I uncomfortable on New Years eve without it!!!!!

Also, because I was away I didn't even have my keys which houses my Arc!!!!

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shoot, I feel uncomfortable even going around the house without a light during daylight let alone at night. Nothing but nothing ticks me off worse than finding out that I don't have a watch, handkerchief, comb, knife, and light on my person at all times.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spent the greater part of New Year's day without my Arc-P in my pocket. When I realized what I had done I actually felt a little ill. Wow, maybe my wife is right and I've got a screw lose somewhere. I woke up that morning a little groggy do to the excessive drinking celebrating who knows how many time zones we watched celebrate on TV. Well when I showered I forgot to transfer the contents of the pants I was changing out. When I realized what I had done I was in the middle of a long drive home. I immediately pulled over and made sure I hadn't lost my "Little Buddy."

In my defense I did have a HDS B42 XRGT in my jacket pocket.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

blake711

Newly Enlightened
chmsam said:
Shoot, I feel uncomfortable even going around the house without a light during daylight let alone at night. Nothing but nothing ticks me off worse than finding out that I don't have a watch, handkerchief, comb, knife, and light on my person at all times.

Forgot all about that. I always have a handkercheif also. I always thought it was funny as a kid that my dad always carried them. I started about 3 years ago and always have them on me now.

tron3

Banned
Casual Flashlight User said:
It's sick isn't it...when I crawl out of bed in the morning the first thing I do is place my Arc-P around my neck, then remove it a few minutes later to wash/shower...I mean FFS, it's the morning, it's light, no darkness to be seen, it's not going to suddenly go dark any time in the next several hours...but I have to do it!... EDC is a way of life!
buttrock.gif

CFU

You need to change your name, dude. You are NOT, I repeat, "NOT" a casual flashlight user. :crazy: :caution:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
tron3 said:
You need to change your name, dude. You are NOT, I repeat, "NOT" a casual flashlight user.
crazy.gif
caution.gif

Ahh, twas june of '06' when I registered here...I was such an innocent back then...no concept of the force of the LED, the raw power of the lithium cell and the sheer majesty of the living photon!
biggrin.gif

CFU (Compulsive Flashlight User)
tinfoilhat.gif

Bryan

Enlightened
I never carry any of my lights daily. In fact, I can only remember one time that I left the house with a light. I just don't see the need for them when I'm away from the house. Unless I'm camping or going for a walk, they stay at home. I consider my flashlights more as a hobby than as tools I guess.

PANZERWOLF

Newly Enlightened
chmsam said:
Nothing but nothing ticks me off worse than finding out that I don't have a watch, handkerchief, comb, knife, and light on my person at all times.
except for the comb, it's the same with me
add a multi-tool, gas lighter and some paracord, and i'm ready to roll
i feel naked when i have to hand in my knives at a concert or other security check, even if it's just for a few hours ...

my edc fenix L1T gets a lot of use actually, i'm the kind of guy who, if he sees an abandoned building or a cave (the latter happens when mountainbiking in the local woods), has to check it out on the spot
and in civilised territory, there's always a cupboard to look under, a blown bulb in the attic, not enough light under the table to look into a computer case, etc, etc ...

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would feel the same way as I would if I needed my pocket knife or UPT (Universal Pocket Tool - IE Gerber Multipliers) and I did not have them with me. It is a part of my dress, and is functional. When you need it, you need it, period. And those who do not carry them, have no idea how often they come in handy.

So, feel lost, no, feel foolish for not having, yes...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be EDCing my U2 wallet Razr USB drive leatherman surge I should be set. And possibly a fast action CRKT M16. I have lived without lites ECed so far and will get my U2 tomorrow.

blake711

Newly Enlightened
65535 said:
I will be EDCing my U2 wallet Razr USB drive leatherman surge I should be set. And possibly a fast action CRKT M16. I have lived without lites ECed so far and will get my U2 tomorrow.

I EDC a CRKT M16 and love this knife even though sharpening it is a bit of chore since its a chisel blade.

Blake

TorchMan

Enlightened
I would be quite lost without a light on me. For so many years I've had a light, and since the epiphany of '05 (First Luxeon and then CPF lights like the HDS U60) I feel lost with less than two. I've got backups for my backups!

Although taking it is preferable as well, I'd rather be without my cell phone than lights. One never knows when a light will be needed.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
CRKT M16-03Z is my go to knife as well. Just LOVE that Carson Flipper! Makes one handing it a CINCH!

If it's on me, it means my light, phone and hankie are too. It's when I'm casual around the house that I don't always have a light.

Maybe I should hang my ARC AAA from a neckchain... I'll have to get a bead chain, as I gave up the one I had for a ceiling fan a while back.

I have a nice gold chain, but I have BIG WALLY fingers and putting it on and off is a CHORE!