Why I edc an Arc AAA-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

prof

Enlightened
A few days ago we attended a family wedding in Little Rock AR. Rather than staying in the hotel, we stayed with some old friends. They have a daughter about our daughter's age, and the two have become friends.

We went out to eat at a nice little Italian restaurant the first evening in town. After dinner, we walked back to the cars. As I buckled my son into his car seat, I heard my daughter start to cry, then heard my wife gasp. I finished buckling, and went to see what was wrong.

My daughter had blood running out of her mouth!

It seems she had managed to bite her tongue rather badly while walking across the parking lot. We asked her to open her mouth, but could not see the extent of the injury (despite lots of parking lot lights). My wife asked me for a flashlight so I shined the arc into my daughter's mouth. With the extra light, we were able to tell that she had indeed bitten her tongue--but had not penetrated it. Fortunately she had only nipped the tip of her tongue--no major damage, just a nasty little gash that bled quite a bit. Without the arc, we would not have been able to determine the extent of the injury without returning to the restaurant or driving home.

I cannot tell you how frightening it was to see blood running out of her mouth like that. Fortunately the injury was really minor and the bleeding stopped within about 3 minutes.

Later that evening, our friend mentioned that she may need to get a light for her keyring because it was so handy. Too bad I didn't have a fauxton or something to give her.

redskins38

Newly Enlightened
Great story. Just another reason for carring an arc. Mine never leaves my side. Always know it will turn on when i need it the most.

icecube

Newly Enlightened
I need to get another pair of Arc AAA P bodies and some foam retainers, so I can throw it on my keychain.

My EDC is my Carribean. LOVELY light. But the AAA P is always nearby. Suprisingly bright for a non-Luxeon AAA 5mm LED.

zoomin

Newly Enlightened
PROF, I am glad your daughter is okay. You are correct, the arc was most appropriate under those conditions. My most talented electronic wizard friends always thank me for introducing them to the arc-aaa. They carry around two suit cases worth of test equipment and have problems digging up flashlights. They now carry arc-aaa's on their key chains and life seems to be a little bit easier for them. Best wishes to you and your family.

prof

Enlightened
Thanks, everyone. Her tongue seems to have healed just fine (scary incident, still).

The arc is just perfect for quick light like this. Don't laugh, but I've used it to check ears and noses also...

Status
Not open for further replies.