Your suggestions for a 700mA Cree star host? (preferrably regulated)

Hellbore

Enlightened
I have a few Cree stars, I want to put them in something. Any suggestions for a readily available flashlight I can mod one of my crees into, that already has a regulated 700mA driver?

What I would like to do is put one in a 3D Maglite but I don't know where to get the necessary parts, like for one thing, I would need an O-sink right? Plus a reflector? Ugh this stuff is so hard to come by...

I just am new to the flashlight modding and not having much luck figuring out how to get going... My soldering skills are probably up to the task but I need some help finding the parts I need. Also I don't have access to a lathe or mill so that narrows things down.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a look at www.ledbeam.com they have a great 3 watt 3 c-cell powered light that is very easy to work on....There is a piece of silicon covering a set screw that takes out the led heat sink assy. $22...and free shipping if their special is still on. I bought a dozen of these lights for presents...You might even be able to replace the led without removing anything......I just realize you wanted a regulated light...this one is not.

Last edited: