MAG LITE 3 D CELL LED CONVERSION

byron8

Newly Enlightened
I just bought and installed the 3 Watt LED conversion for my 3 D cell Mag lite. I am very impressed with it and I feel I got a brand new 3 Watt LED lite for $18. Got it at Home Depot. Now, the question is, since the base is standard, does anyone know if I can put the same lamp in another lite without problem. For example I have a 4 cell C light Responder and Mag Lite makes a 4 cell C LED. Will it work?

SuperTorch

Enlightened
Just depends most likely NO, because the base of the Mag LED's are not standard, they are a little bit bigger, so the fit is the only reason it wouldn't. If you have a 4cell C light that WILL accept the fit of the MAG 4Cell LED then yes it will work. Keep in mind if the bulb housing on the flashlight is plastic it MAY melt may not just keep an eye on it.

Jaygnar

Newly Enlightened
I would'nt suggest that you put the 3 cell bulb into any of the four cell lights. Magled bulbs are designed only to function with the correct number of cells.

byron8

Newly Enlightened
Thanks folks. I wasn't too clear. Although I have the 3 cell LED, I will buy the 4 cell LED if the LED base fits the 4 cell C responder. Unfortunately my mag lite is in the mini storage so can't get to it until this weekend. But will do fit check this weekend.

lednut

Newly Enlightened
I took a 4 cell Magled bulb and put it in an Energizer 4D camo lantern that I just absolutely love.I must say it took a truckload of modding,including reversing the polarity to positive,but it finally took.The bulb,however gets very hot, much hotter than a 2 cell Magled I put in a cheap Dorcy flashlight. Lots of plastic combined with a hotter(?) bulb is'nt helping matters much.The base of the Magled is wider at 7/16 inch. Hope this helps.