I got to use my new toy!

FireFighter05

Newly Enlightened
Hey All,
I just thought I would share my experience. I came up on an accident tonight. No one was hurt, but it was on a very narrow and dark road. Traffic was unreal so I wanted to get control of the scene and divert other vehicles around the accident. I was wearing a dark green shirt so I was worried I might not be seen and get hit. I used my 6P with 3 watt drop in and the G&P strobe switch to get drivers attention while I was deploying flares. I actually never thought I would get to use the strobe feature! It worked great, cars slowed down and moved over.
Thanks for listening guys, im just excited!! :)
Dave

Last edited:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashing or strobe is alot more noticable that a constant on light to drivers at night. I plan to get a flashlight that has the strobe feature. I have been in situations where I had to "strobe" my streamlight stinger to get the attention of drivers. Neat story, thanks for sharing.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I've used my Streamlight SL-20x with dimmer/flasher tail cap for the same purpose. It works great.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice! strobes and SOS are great. thanks for the story.

sure you can approximate a strobe w/ your thumb, but why waste your energy and the minimal brain processing power, esp. since you'll probably be using it at the scene of an accident or crisis? anything to help you do a better job nailing down the situation, can only be good.

tron3

Banned
<Comes running in with strobing Striker-Vg, LO-Ti, and P1D-CE ablaze!>

Huff, huff....got here <huff> as soon as I could when I saw <huff> all the strobing.

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
O geeze they are coming :eeksign: iono I think having a strobe in the car would make the most sense having a non strobe EDC seems to work I like that idea.

DM51

Flashaholic
Yes, folks!!! It's another strobe thread! Now we'll get lots of furious posts from people saying FireFighter05 should not have used a strobe in those circumstances, and should not even have had a strobe capability on his light in the first place.

BTW, well done, FireFighter05 - in all likelihood your prompt action in warning other motorists helped prevent the situation from getting a lot worse.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well done - I've been EDC'ing a strobe of one sort or another ever since goldserve came out with the FluPics. *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. Strobe ON! :D

dixemon

Enlightened
I especially like the strobe for times like youve experienced, I can find alot of uses for such a feature. Thanks for sharing

LOBOLUMENS

Newly Enlightened
FireFighter05 said:
Hey All,
I just thought I would share my experience. I came up on an accident tonight. No one was hurt, but it was on a very narrow and dark road. Traffic was unreal so I wanted to get control of the scene and divert other vehicles around the accident. I was wearing a dark green shirt so I was worried I might not be seen and get hit. I used my 6P with 3 watt drop in and the G&P strobe switch to get drivers attention while I was deploying flares. I actually never thought I would get to use the strobe feature! It worked great, cars slowed down and moved over.
Thanks for listening guys, im just excited!! :)
Dave

Thanks for this story FireFighter05! You have just laid out a clear cut reason why, for some people, the strobe function is not only useful but an absolute necessity!

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never had any reason to activate the strobe on my HDS...but it's nice to have it.
smile.gif

Good post and good job FF05.
thumbsup.gif

CFU

FireFighter05

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Guys!! Sorry to start another strobe thread... I do know not to aim the light at oncoming drivers, I do have experience in traffic control :) I think a strobe and flares are a must in every vehicle.
Dave