Free E2e and PT Surge! -- Photo contest

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi,

First of all, I'm having problems with my Surefire M6 account and I'm trying to get my password. I can't log on so I had to create this one temporarily until someone can help me log on with my original account.

Anyway, I was thinking of having a flashlight photo contest. I ran a photo contest before: Montero Sport Photo Contest

Please check out my last photo contest and let me know if anyone is interested. It would probably be in 2 categories: Surefire Flashlights and Non-Surefire Flashlights. There would be 2 sub-categories: In Action and Flashlight Only.

Prizes for my last contest were a digital camera and video camera. This time I would put up some flashlights, maybe an E2e, ARCs and such. I'll start working on the fine details. Entry fee would be $1.

I'll need contestants as well as several judges (not allowed to enter the contest). Just trying to see if there is enough interest to go through with it. Please post suggestions such as subcategory, judging criteria etc. I'll put up the contest site so people can register within a week.

(There was actually a deadline dispute! Looking back on it, it was pretty funny. Kind of like the Presidential election dispute!: Dispute

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I guess no one is interested in taking pictures and entering them in a contest? I made up the rules here: Contest Page

What happens is entrants send pictures to me and I post them on the website. Their identities are masked and several independant judges score them. Winners get prizes.

Hmm, this seem to have worked better last time I did it
confused.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Hmmm...I suggest 2 things:

I actually saw you post before but I was just scanning through the top 50 and saw the bit about your lost password.

As good as your intentions were, this isn't a General Flashlight and Headlamp topic...so we're transporting it to the Cafe.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ok, sounds good to me. Do judges get any compensation? If so count me in...if not I still wouldn't mind judging.

Your categories of glamor shots and in acton sounds great too.

Don't really have any valueable suggestions I guess other than to say I'd be interested.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

2 people interested. Sheesh. I thought this was a flashaholic board or something? Out of 3000+ members, only 2 are interested in taking pictures to win an E2e?

I had fun with this on the Montero SPort Boards awhile back. Just used a few banners and the cover charge to cover my costs. Just had to put in the time. I'll get the website up and see if I get better response, if not I'll scrap it.
frown.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Originally posted by monanza:
I would have been interested but alas no Camera... And I call myself a gadget freak! Hah!

Cheers.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you take a regular picture I can scan them for you.

Ok, I'm going to try this. 4 people so far but what the heck. Might get lots to sign up. I should have final prep done before christmas. First 15 days of the new year to get your entries in and they will be displayed for the judges after the 15th.

If you don't have a camera, it's a good opportunity to be a judge. Integrity is on an honor system for judges not to enter the contest. Any cheaters will be immediately disqualified and hanged (just kidding).

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Pretty much yeah. I have a flashlight buying problem so I have a 7 E2e's stacked up on my shelf, 3 E2e-CJ, 2 E1e's, 2 M6's, etc etc. And those are the NIB ones, not the ones I use. I just went to Sports Chalet and bought another Surge just because it was on sale. I swear this is a disease.

Anyway, I'm hoping around 20-30 people join this thing and the entry fee should cover half the cost. The rest I'll recoup it through banners I'll stick up on the site. No profit, just thought it might be fun to see some pictures.

When I did this on the Montero Sport boards we all had a blast. (Can you tell I drive a Montero Sport?)

Slowly but surely getting the site up: Contest Website

Can you help me spread the word please. Thanks!
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Bart,

My mail is acting up. I'll try and check but I've had nothing but trouble for the past week! I even had to ask Shasha for my password to CPF again! My computer is dumb.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Entry fee $2 eh? What about us poor Paypal challenged international types?
Will you accept payment in tradegoods or similar?
Will I get special attention if I send you a Glowring as my entry fee?
wink.gif

Assuming I can find a suitable way to get you the entry fee, I'll probably enter..

Graham

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I´m in - what about a twins with flashlights subcategory
grin.gif

Graham, I think it was 1 buck AFAIK

Klaus

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Originally posted by Graham.:
Entry fee $2 eh? What about us poor Paypal challenged international types?
Will you accept payment in tradegoods or similar?
Will I get special attention if I send you a Glowring as my entry fee?
wink.gif

Assuming I can find a suitable way to get you the entry fee, I'll probably enter..

Graham
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Glowrings are always welcome
grin.gif
Still finalizing. I'll post here when registration is ready. I NEED JUDGES PLEASE.

Entry fee has been changed to $2 and all fees collected will go to the Craig Fund.

Originally posted by Minjin:
Sorry, I spent too much money on flashlights to afford a camera...
wink.gif

Mark
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You can always send me a regular picture.
smile.gif

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
SFM6 I will judge... I moderate too
smile.gif
Can Sabby and I get the 2 extra E1e's for judging?