Convince me to gift an L1T

RCatR

Enlightened
Short version: Giving it to a presumed non-flashaholic will it be simple enough to use/large enough to not get lost?

Long version:
About a month ago I caught pneumonia(aches, hot/cold/hot/cold, sweats, no appetite, slept 18hrs+), and after a week of being sick my girlfriend drove me to the hospital(midnight) when my condition wasn't getting better and my temperature hit 104.3 F (40.16 C)
At the emergency room they checked me out and said it was just the flu, get rest etc.
The next day the doctor who had seen me called my college repeatedly at 7am on his day off until our campus police woke me up and got me on the phone. He told me he had a bad feeling about my condition and to get back to the hospital where another doctor would treat me.
I got X-Rays, a blood test, a couple bags of saline, and some kind of painkiller (morphine?) So basically, if it wasn't for this guy calling up repeatedly after a long night; I would have been in much worse shape if not dead(I've been told that at 105-106 you go into a coma)

So! After all that I though I'd get the guy a nice light and have it engraved, just to say thanks for having that second thought. Am I going in the right direction with a L1T? Should I bump it up to L2T? Or go with another manufacturer?

Last edited:

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
Get him the L1T. It is more useful for him than the long L2T.

Glad that you are well and appreciate for other's action. The world needs more people like you.

Last edited:

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
Nah, it is too big for him to carry. L1T is perfect. I doubt he like it too bright either. Imagine he try to examine someone's eyes.

Last edited:

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
Ledacholic Anonymous said:
Nah, it is too big for him to carry. L1T is perfect. I doubt he like it too bright either. Imagine he try to examine someone's eyes.

As a doctor myself, it sounds like he F$%Ked up your 1st Diagnosis and was calling not only to save your *** but to keep from getting sued by you or your family for the screw up, thus saving his own. If seen this happen before many times. I'm sure he was sweating bullets until he got through. Personally, I would find the actual person whom corrected his mis-diagnosis and reward them.
Heli

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to work in the ICU of a large hospital and without knowing all the facts I tend to agree with Heli. I have also seen many people sent home only to come back or be brought back to the hospital because of their worsening condition. The wife of a close friend was sent home with a flu diagnosis only to come back due to to a ruptured appendix which can be very dangerous. As heli said, try to find the person who corrected the problem and give them the gift.

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are the chances of the original Dr coughing up the name of the guy that fixed his screw up (basicly acknowledging he screwed up)