Ultrafire WF-602A1, should it work with rechargeables?

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should this light work with a rechargeable AA? Mine doesn't seem to.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Works for me, but I've heard reports it can be a problem. Definitely works brighter on e^2L. Mine currently has a Cree XR-E.

infection0

Newly Enlightened
On my old WF-602A1, NIMH rechargeables were perfect. I ran them for up to an hour and a half each without having troubles starting up the light. Be aware though that there is a new breed of "crappy" WF-602A1 lights selling now from Fifthunit and QCG (QCG lists it as the WF-601A1-1, while Fifthunit does not mention that there is a new version)

Currently, it seems that the WF-602A1s should not be bought at all, considering that for about $10 more than the cost of one you'll get a nice Jetbeam C-LE from a groupbuy, or for $20 you can get a two-stage Lumapower LM-301.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
FWIW we have inventory of the 602A1 (in black and HAIII) with the Luxeon emitter still. I recently got a sample of a 'newer' version with some weird chinese emitter with a brass ring around it and it sucks compared to the Luxeon in the ones we have in stock.

We also have the 601A1 and it's still the old emitter which looks like a Lux I or III and performs like one.

Both work fine with NiMh.