LED cargo/dome lights. PICS!

chizel

Newly Enlightened
This is the latest result of a night alone in the garage. I managed to come across a bunch of these neat little LEDs by Sloan LED and put 'em to good use. Quick and dirty install but it has that geek appeal..wires and all. I tied them in to the dome light circuit and they simply FLOOD the back half of the Jeep!:eek:oo: It's almost too much. But I'm a light addict, what can I say? :cool:

ledbeforevb8.jpg

Before LEDs - stock dome light

ledaftergh3.jpg

After!

ledhatchth7.jpg

Other view

ledclosebv8.jpg

Close up of install

Last edited:

infection0

Newly Enlightened
EXCELLENT. Looks incredible! Proves why all non cpfers should look into better LED powered products. BTW I noticed that you are well prepared for emergencies.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen a few members around here who have replaced their vehicle interior lighting with LEDs. It's really impressive and no doubt just a matter of time before the auto makers catch on.

EDIT: A belated welcome to CPF. I'm impressed you already got a set of custom license plates.

Last edited:

chizel

Newly Enlightened
Kitelights:

I fixed the link; you'll find the product under the Sign Lights link.

Mt. Blue:

I did not have to drop it, I just had to reach about 6 inches forward to where the rear cargo light is after removing the trim piece the LEDs are mounted on. It pops out easily.

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
Nice job! OK explain the rest of the electronics to us. WHat is the box with a Capaciter looking thing on it...

hizzo3

Newly Enlightened
heliyardsale said:
Nice job! OK explain the rest of the electronics to us. WHat is the box with a Capaciter looking thing on it...

lol...sound system lol... i have an xj that i was looking at doing that with... was also looking at making some rocklights outta leds....

chizel

Newly Enlightened
greenLED said:
chizel, we'll be on the lookout for your license plate!

Are you in the Seattle are also? Blue Jeep Cherokee with more lights on it than Hefner's studio.

About the other stuff. The box contains my backup battery (optima red top) and yes that's a capacitor on top. I can't say I noticed much improvement in the stereo or otherwise but it was only $20 and so I tried it. On the far bulkhead is a 1250 watt inverter and below that two relays for my roof rack mounted driving lights. To the right of the AC maker is a DC fuse block by Blue Sea Systems.

That's all the stuff you can see. To explain everything in the rest of the vehicle would take another thread. I'm not kidding!

hizzo3

Newly Enlightened
chizel said:
Are you in the Seattle are also? Blue Jeep Cherokee with more lights on it than Hefner's studio.

About the other stuff. The box contains my backup battery (optima red top) and yes that's a capacitor on top. I can't say I noticed much improvement in the stereo or otherwise but it was only $20 and so I tried it. On the far bulkhead is a 1250 watt inverter and below that two relays for my roof rack mounted driving lights. To the right of the AC maker is a DC fuse block by Blue Sea Systems.

That's all the stuff you can see. To explain everything in the rest of the vehicle would take another thread. I'm not kidding!

so u got any hid fog lamps, or how about making up a 3x7 cree array fog lamp :p that is what 1800 lumens a peice, put a nice fog optic on there and u'd have sunlight at dark :p

chizel

Newly Enlightened
hizzo3 said:
so u got any hid fog lamps, or how about making up a 3x7 cree array fog lamp :p that is what 1800 lumens a peice, put a nice fog optic on there and u'd have sunlight at dark :p

As a matter of fact I DO run HID fogs! They're almost TOO bright to run when the pavement is dry. :eek:oo:

Here's more LEDs I installed tonight. This time, it's the center console!
ledconsoleax9.jpg

ledcnsl1911fn6.jpg

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice.. but what kind of system you got going on back there?