Brightest 1xaa(or 1xaaa) light available OTC?

riversedge

Newly Enlightened
I am the kind of person who like to be able to touch something before I buy it, and detest any kind of "mail order", so what is the brightest 1xaa(or 1xaaa) light that is available "over the counter" in a "brick and mortar" establishment.

The brightest I have found so far is the Task Force 1w 1xaa light, which is about on a par with a Dorcy Metal Gear. It's waaaay brighter than an new Inova X1. I'd guestimate 20 lumens or so.

What say you?:popcorn:

fishx65

Enlightened
I've seen the Coast 1AA at ****s Sporting Goods. Seems pretty bright in the package but the reviews have not been that great on Coast lights. I think it's the same light as the David 15.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you are seriously handicapping your search by having to 'touch' the light first. The digital L1T from fenix that is coming out soon would otherwise fit your search in spades...

dammitjim said:
Mag 3AA LED?

Uh... he says 1 cell right in the title.

cutlerylover

Banned
riversedge said:
I am the kind of person who like to be able to touch something before I buy it, and detest any kind of "mail order", so what is the brightest 1xaa(or 1xaaa) light that is available "over the counter" in a "brick and mortar" establishment.

The brightest I have found so far is the Task Force 1w 1xaa light, which is about on a par with a Dorcy Metal Gear. It's waaaay brighter than an new Inova X1. I'd guestimate 20 lumens or so.

What say you?:popcorn:

but the dorcy metal gear uses 3xAAA's...but I love mine!!!!!!!!!!!!