LumaPower D-Mini Cree Disassembly Question

Frank_Zuccarini

Newly Enlightened
I love my D-Mini. Incredible throw (and spill, for that matter), and the "beam artifacts" do not bother me at all. In fact, I wish that the brightest portion of my other LED lights was a bright as the "donut hole" portion at the center of my D-Mini's beam.

That said, I like to look inside of the things I own.

I have unscrewed the back (switch) portion of the light, and I have unscrewed the front (bezel) portion. That leaves the center body portion, where both the battery and light engine reside.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the light engine? LumaPower advertizes that the LE will be easily upgradable in the future, so I'm guessing that the LE screws or pushes out. Has anyone actually done that?

Also, there is a lot of talk about the light's focus being semi-permanently fixed (with loctite) at the factory. My front bezel came off easily, but I don't see how the focus would be adjusted by either me or the factory. Anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks..............frank

Frank_Zuccarini

Newly Enlightened
That is all and more than I asked for, LED Zeppelin. Thank-you for directing me to your most complete and useful posting.

To all others, I did do a search, but missed this excellent posting by LED Zeppelin. Please consider my questions null and void.

Great little light.

Frank

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
No sweat Frank, I was there too but lucky me I just twisted and turned and twisted not knowing exactly where was the joints.

I like it so much that I ordered another one but in black.

Last edited:

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
What? There's a donut in this newly designed light made for the Cree? And "artifacts"? Can you post some photos?