• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired US SOURCE FOR LEDIL LENSES FOR CREE XR-E's??

Bikecop

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know of a U.S. based source for the ledil lenses? I am ready to tackle my first build; a 3 cree bike light similar to Nightriders' light.

Thanks,

Larry T.

Last edited:

Tidra

Enlightened
Sorry to hijack, but I am also looking for those but in Europe,... and also for CREE XR-E's to by in Europe,...
Thanx
I.

Bikecop

Newly Enlightened
Tidra said:
Sorry to hijack, but I am also looking for those but in Europe,... and also for CREE XR-E's to by in Europe,...
Thanx
I.
Hi, Tidra,
They are based in Finland. I'm surprised there aren't any distributors or dealers for them in the EU. They have a contact page on their website for info.

Bikecop

Newly Enlightened
glockboy said:
What's a ledil lenses?

Ledil is the name of a company that makes, among other things, optics for LED lighting. http://www.ledil.fi/pages/3100/

They make a square optic that comes in 4 versions that are perfect for making bike lights out of square aluminum tubing, as Nightrider did here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/142791

They are sold by cutter.com.au, but I wanted to find a source here in the US of A.

I guess is should have actually said Ledil "Optics" instead of "lenses". My Bad!

Last edited:

Bikecop

Newly Enlightened
glockboy said:
Thanks Bikecop, now I want some too.

Hey guys,
I just e-mailed Ledil to see if there is a US distributor. Are either of you interested in a "mini-groupbuy" for these? Worst case scenario, I would order them from www.cutter.com.au, have them shipped to me, and then reship them to you guys. That would save on shipping from Oz

Thoughts?

Latest posts