I need a new LED driver I've just blown mine up

leeleefocus

Newly Enlightened
I was messing around with my Silva L1 headlamp and i have managed to blow the driver up which i am pretty mad about.

I want a new driver with a maximum diameter of 20mm it needs a minimum of 2 levels but i would prefer three constant on levels and an sos mode. I was thinking of the Flupic but i need to do some research to find out if this will suite my needs. The input voltage to the driver will be 4 NI-MH 4.8V but i will be using 4 C cells so they will probably hold above 5V for the majority of there discharge. If the driver is programmable that is an added bonus.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

By the way the driver is definatly dead i have checked all the components that are replacable and they are all fine but the potted IC on the back of the board is cooked(I think it's an IC anyway)It got very hot and very smelly but dissapointingly there was no smoke.

If i really need to i will probably be able to wire the batteries so that i can get any of these voltages 1.2V, 2.4V, 3.6V or 4.8V which will give me a little bit of flexability with which driver i can use.

I don't know to much about drivers so i am going to be on a very steep learning curve and try and be patient with me if i ask any stupid questions.