brightest LED on single AAA?

batman

Enlightened
As the title states,...is it not a Fenix LOD? Or as I hear rumored, the yet to be released Fenix LOD-C (C meaning cree i suppose)?...
Any help here?
Also, does the acronym C/CE generally stand for Cree now?

Any estimate on the actual "out the front" lumens are on these LOD / LOD-C LEDs?

totally & utterly confused,
Batman

tron3

Banned
batman said:

Any estimate on the actual "out the front" lumens are on these LOD / LOD-C LEDs?

totally & utterly confused,
Batman

According to the latest info by 47's, at least 50 lumens, maybe as high as 55. LOD is 30 and the LO-Ti is 40. Any of those is still great light output. A standard Maglite Solitaire is only 6 to 8 lumens.

Mike89

Enlightened
Arc AAA premium? You're kidding right? The L0P would eat it for breakfast as far as light output.

batman

Enlightened
tron3 said:
According to the latest info by 47's, at least 50 lumens, maybe as high as 55. LOD is 30 and the LO-Ti is 40. Any of those is still great light output. A standard Maglite Solitaire is only 6 to 8 lumens.

50 lumens on a single AAA battery? That's amazing,..which LED was it, the LOD or LO-Ti?

batman

Enlightened
have there been any LED lights released yet in the 1 X AAA form factor that use the Cree XR-E ? (i thought fenix was about to release one).

with regards to the Arc AAA-p, i showed it to a recent high school graduate and he looked at the brightness, then looked at me with a dead serious look of shock and exclaimed , "that's brighter than the sun!". It seems the world has just completely skipped over the entire younger generation.

Last edited:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast

BobbyRS

Enlightened
Now:

AAA Battery = MM Arc AAA Cree XR-E 1.5w Mod = 85 lumens or more.

AAA Form Factor = Fenix L0D with 10440 Li-Ion (also, I believe, the Jetbeam AAA with 10440 Li-Ion, but I haven't seen it) = around the same lumens as the MM Arc AAA Cree XR-E 1.5w.

Future:

Possibly the LOD CE running a 10440 Li-Ion (if possible) = 80+ lumens (my guess).

Last edited: