EDC - definition of.

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, so I am fairly new around here, and keep seeing the tern "EDC light" being flung around. From the posts, I have a very vague idea, but don't know really what "EDC" means. Please define it. Thanks.

TIP AND RING

Enlightened
Turbo, its every day carry. Check out the CPF Wiki for more fun terminology, and welcome to CPF!

greenLED

Flashaholic
...and if you're anywhere like some of us here, and carry loads of stuff every day, then check out edcforums.com :)

Bryan

Enlightened
And after reading the recent EDC threads, you will find that I am probably the only one on this forum who doesn't EDC a light lol :)

Mad1

Enlightened
Bryan said:
And after reading the recent EDC threads, you will find that I am probably the only one on this forum who doesn't EDC a light lol :)

You should be ashamed of yourself. :laughing:

Bryan

Enlightened
Mad1 said:
You should be ashamed of yourself. :laughing:

lol I know, but I'm a minimalist when it comes to EDC items. Keys and wallet are already too much for me!

Newuser01

Enlightened
Turbo DV8 said:
Ok, so I am fairly new around here, and keep seeing the tern "EDC light" being flung around. From the posts, I have a very vague idea, but don't know really what "EDC" means. Please define it. Thanks.
What is every day
catboxuw2.gif

He.
Welcome to the forum.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Small to medium lights, every day carry,

The very large lights like to Thor, it should be every day cartage

Effulgence

Newly Enlightened
... With all the gadgets and stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if someone here was running around with a duty belt full of lights :whistle:

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're here at CPF long enough, your wallet will get lighter, and your keys ring will get a LOD CE on it.
:grin2:

Bryan said:
lol I know, but I'm a minimalist when it comes to EDC items. Keys and wallet are already too much for me!

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every one has a slightly different definition of an EDC light. For me it has to be single cell light running on either 1 x AA, AAA, CR123, CR2. It is just my preference that it be really small and pocektable. Of course you can carry more than 1!

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
65535 said:
I think it should be changed from EDC to EDCIC (ever day cr@p I carry) or CICED (cr@p I carry every day)

I think my wife would agree with you. She jokes that I gain 5-10 pounds when I carry my EDC gear.

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
It allways makes me think what the police would think if they got some of our EDC junkie members (like me) to empty their pockets. What would their reaction be?