Who tried FM deep reflector with Cree?

moraino

Enlightened
I have been waiting for someone to come up with pictures demonstrating a much improved long throw on Mag D with Cree lamp. So far, there are a few MAG mods with greater lumen output but no throw. Show it please if I am wrong.

I upgraded Lux III with Cree P3 on my Silver Mag 2D powered by 8AA and nFlex. The result, as everyone know, is a much much brighter light but the throw suffered quite a bit. The hot spot is small and not bright enogh. The hotspot is actually worse than the Lux III T bin. But the inside ceiling bounce light test realy make me feel good as it lights up the room very nicely comaprable to my Tiger light.

I found a thread that mentioned FM's deep reflector upgrade kit which comes with a wide bezel which was for sale long time ago. Someone has them may like to try it with a Cree to see how well it matches the Cree LED.

I hope those clever guys are making that deep reflecor needed for the Mag D right now as that's all is needed to make that Mag 2D really throw. It doesn't have to be metal like the ones for hotwire setup.

Or if kits available that has that special lens, is it aspherical len, made for throw like the one Newbie demontrated a while ago, I don't think I'll go for HID. How many people are waiting for these to be available? I am checking CPF everynight. :popcorn: