new guy and i am sick

ScooterBug

Enlightened
well have been reading these forums for a couple of months and decided it was time to stop in and say hello. let me say that i have no idea what some of you are talking about.
huh2.gif
but i DO LIKE flashlights. i have a couple of Surefires, a Z2 that i have had for years and carried when i was working (retired cop)a surefire E2E that is with me everyday. i have a Fenix LOD that i love, my bride carries a E1 everyday. just ordered a Hunlight with the Cree lamp and waiting for it to be shiped. my next one will be a surefire A2. reading about it on here convinced me that i need one.
yellowlaugh.gif
been thinking i may need to call the Chief and see if i can get my job back cause this is costing me a few bucks. thanks for letting me join this grroup.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Scooter, welcome to CPF!

Don't worry, the sickness only gets worse. You'll soon think of the A2 as a nice inexpensive light. :)

:buddies:

ugrey

Enlightened
Welcome to our form of insanity. It sounds like you were already infected with the lumens disease. Contact with us will only make it worse, but, I promise it is a whole lot of fun. I am glad you found us.

P.S. I cannot understand some of the posts of the members and I have been here 3 years.

batman

Enlightened
i've been in here since May and it's hard to give others the impression that I'm sane after telling them what I paid for the 2 A2s, M3T, and M6 i play with.

Some of the lingo still goes way over my head especially the LED and rechargable battery talk. contex specific language can be utterly impenitrable to outsiders, even intelligent well educated ones if they're aren't aware of the topic of discussion.

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF Scooter. It looks like you already have the virus inside you. Dont fight it...just let it take it course. Be aware, just when you think it is gone, you see another light that YOU CAN"T LIVE WITHOUT!!!:lolsign:

Don't fight it...just give in....oh and by the way.....mortgaging the house to buy more light is completley normal....just a heads up.........haha...again welcome and enjoy

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the forums!

Diesel_Bomber said:
You'll soon think of the A2 as a nice inexpensive light. :)
Too funny...too true!
:wtf: :thumbsup: :kewlpics: :takeit: :paypal: :broke: :mecry:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
You will know you are a true flashaholic, and belonging to this CPF "AA" support group when you notice routinely lying about the prices of your flashlights if anyone asks...and start finding some "special" places to store them, so they are not so obviously seen. Also, you may find yourself holding and caressing your lights when no one is around.

When you do show them to others, you take pity upon their ignorance of what constitutes a real light. You make sure you have a typical crappy 2D/3D Maglite/Clone sitting around to use for a proper comparison for these poor, uninformed friends and family. You keep showing & talking about your lights, until the friend/family member finally breaks down and says something like: "Yeah, ok that is amazing compared to a normal light."

The problem with this CPF support group is that it works in reverse. The more you talk, ask, share your lights...the worse the addiction becomes. You will find yourself justifying your expenses by saying things quietly like, well these would be worth a fortune if I ever decided to sell them...so they are an investment. (Except you never sell them.)

If you are really far gone, you may find yourself changing your daily schedule so you are staying up later at night, or adding new activities such as dog walking to a night-time routine.

As far as everyone here is concerned, there is no such thing as too many flashlights. The best way to look at it is at least it is better than spending your money on drugs, gambling, or prostitution....oh wait....hmmm....may have to revise that. We are Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

:lolsign:

freewheelin'

Enlightened
Welcome to the world of flashaholism. My name is Mike and I'm a flashaholic.
What everyone said above and then some. Here you can find everything from a good sneaking around the house light in any color you like to lights that will burn a retina and leave your target blind for weeks from 100's of feet away. AND the addiction only gets worse, you think you've got the perfect light and BOOM theres something bigger, smaller, better introduced you can't live without.
Good luck sorting them out.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scoot, welcome to CPF. I would telephone, or better yet go in person, the chief and plead for your job back and humbly request the maximum amount of overtime possible. Cheers.

faco

Enlightened
Hi Scooter, feel good in knowing we are all sick, it's a great sickness. Welcome and get ready for some new Surefire lights to be released soon, and many others in 07. I like seeing new posts like this, it makes me feel normal :)

Enjoy this great forum